Well, it is almost done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here is what I have so far. In a couple of weeks I'm going to wet-sand and re-finish the door with higher gloss. I didnt think it would, but putting that extra 120mm rad on as a cpu/chipset buffer, brought my temps down by 4c @ 4.2ghz. I expected more like 1c or at most 2c. I'll have to try the clocks higher for greater comparison, but the ambient temps are the same.

Bester.jpg

Hey thanks for the link Slay, but these stacked 320s+ 6x 110cfm Scythe fans already rock. The only problem I had was due to the advice of someone I changed the loop so that the GPUs came before the CPU, which isnt a big deal if you dont have a massive OC and full coverage block on your videocards 24/7. Needless to say, I needed a buffer between the GPU and CPU to equalize the temps. Once I get the second HD 5970 and liquid cool the chipset, that buffer will be extra important. I also have a backup XSPC 360 rad on standby, should I get tired of these stacked rads.

These are my current temps at 4.2ghz CPU, 1ghz GPU core/ 1.25ghz GPU memory, and 2005mhz RAM 8-9-8-24.
temps.jpg

No those are idle temps, just look at RealTemp. Load 1.2% and it has only been running for a minute and 49 seconds. At 4.2GHz those are still mighty fine numbers thou :thumbsup:

oh.. then i am disappoint. the lowest idle temp ive ever seen on my rig is 29*C

EDIT: Course im only at 3.8ghz and i have an AMD. its my understanding that intels run much hotter than AMDs?

oh.. then i am disappoint. the lowest idle temp ive ever seen on my rig is 29*C

EDIT: Course im only at 3.8ghz and i have an AMD. its my understanding that intels run much hotter than AMDs?

Yeah those are idle temps, and thats without the AC running in the computer room. Also, I'm running the memory at 2ghz, so voltages have to come up and with added voltage comes more heat. It usually stays around 70F in the computer room with the blinds shut, and I can get it down to 60F-65F with the AC on during the daytime in summer. Of course the computer temps respond accordingly. I cant wait to get a 980X, man thats going to be a dream.

I decided to get a new case :( . I have more work to do between wiring and upgrading, but this is the initial setup in the new case with the new mobo and extra videocard.
DSC00534.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom