Well, it is almost done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Slay, long time no see buddy. I have to agree with you there, cold cathodes are more effective, but at the cost of a higher rate of failure and electrical issues. To Sean W.... after running LinX 3 times(default for scoring) at 4510mhz with HT enabled the highest temp recorded was 76c. Unfortunately the score drops considerably with HT enabled. The cpu generally idles at 30c-32c @4.5ghz while reaching 45c-56c while gaming. The videocard (HD5970) never exceeds 32c under full load and idles at 20c-24c. Thank you both for the compliments. Next payday, I'm going to re-route all the wires on the back by twisting and zip tying them. Also I plan to get another 5970 for quad-fire(plus an Nvidia GPU for Hybrid PhysX), and a new PSU thats modular. I have my eye on this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371032 .

god danm haha... thats pretty awesome, when i saw that you said your idle temp is 30c - 32c i was like, i have those same idle temps, but then i saw u are at 4.5 ghz.... haha nevverr mindddd ...

it looks amazing! keep us posted.

Hey Slay, long time no see buddy. I have to agree with you there, cold cathodes are more effective, but at the cost of a higher rate of failure and electrical issues. To Sean W.... after running LinX 3 times(default for scoring) at 4510mhz with HT enabled the highest temp recorded was 76c. Unfortunately the score drops considerably with HT enabled. The cpu generally idles at 30c-32c @4.5ghz while reaching 45c-56c while gaming. The videocard (HD5970) never exceeds 32c under full load and idles at 20c-24c. Thank you both for the compliments. Next payday, I'm going to re-route all the wires on the back by twisting and zip tying them. Also I plan to get another 5970 for quad-fire(plus an Nvidia GPU for Hybrid PhysX), and a new PSU thats modular. I have my eye on this one Newegg.com - Antec TPQ-1200 1200W Continuous Power with PowerCache Technology SLI Ready CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply .
What are the vreg temps like on the 5970? I'm thinking of getting a cooler for the vregs on my 5870.

I can only tell you what GPU-Z reports. For load I ran MSI Kombustor(Furmark derived). I fixed my 2d clocks to 400mhz core/ 600mhz memory, and upped the idle voltage a tad. Also for the core to remain at 1ghz and not randomly crash I keep the core voltage at 1.262v. I wish MSI afterburner had a native memory voltage solution.

VDDC Phase 1=24c idle-63c load
VDDC Phase 2=24c idle-65c load
VDDC Phase 3=23c idle-62c load
VDDCI Phase 1=31c idle-59c load
VDDCI Phase 2=29c idle-56c load

Ok, is it oc'ed at all? Mt vreg temps go up to around 70-80 on load when I raise the voltage/OC. Those are really low core temps though!

Mine is OC'd to 1ghz(1.262v) on the cores, and the memory is at 1.25ghz(1.15v) for the 3D clocks. RBE (Radeon Bios Editor) doesnt work with my setup, and GPU-z wont even read the bios on this card, so I cant make a dump. It says that "bios reading isn't allowed on this device". So I cant flash it in good conscience without backing up and/or modifying my own bios. Otherwise I would have reached for 1.2ghz on the cores. Sapphire has this card locked to 1000mhz max on the cores via the bios.

-Edit- I stand corrected, the temps reached 35c this time, but it's pretty warm in my room right now.

Attachments

• Full OC score.jpg
    Full OC score.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom