Weird artifacting, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I have a 6800GT overclocked to Ultra speeds, specifically 405/1104. It works fine with no artifacting or anything on all benchmark programs and games, except for 'Counterstrike: Source'. While playing, I get only like 15 fps with everything on medium settings and no AA or AF. Also, the ground has artifacts that look like purple slime or something. I tried clocking the card back to stock speeds, but the problem persists. Does anyone know why the artifacting happens in only this game, and why I am getting very low frames per second?

hmmm.....weirdness, you definitely shouldn't be getting that low especially since when I benched it on my 6600GT maxed out with aa and AF it got like 95FPS......have you pushed your card beyond that or anything?

What have your temps been although I'd think with that leadtek that the temps would be good.....remember you need to have rivatuner hardware monitor open running in the background so when you close the bench program it'll show what the temps hit during the benching because it'll drop 10C instantly....

Could be you got a bad OC'er and it already burnt itself out and you may need to RMA it, just make sure you got all the latest drivers and whatnot

Yeah, I ran Rivatuner in the background and the max temp was 67 C, so that's fine. Also, that's the only game that happens on. Every other game I own runs fine, and all of the benchmark programs as well. I mean if it was some big problem like a burned out card, I think it would show up on 3DMark05 since that program is so intense for the GPU.

Here's the kicker. I ran the CS:S stress test with all settings on high and 4xAA and 8xAF, and got 89 fps. And also, when I play it online against actual people I can play 4xAA and 8xAF and it runs perfectly smooth. The choppiness/artifacting only happens when I play offline and create a server and play again bots for practice. It's the weirdest thing in the world, I can't figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom