Week 21 Venice Potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FghtinIrshNvrDi

Fully Optimized
Looking for many opinions about how we think a week 21 3000+ Venice core is going to overclock. I'm really, really, thinking about getting a board that will overclock the sucker. Right now, my ECS is not serving me well.

As an indication, does it help to know that it is running 250mhz HTT right now with no voltage increase? Just wondering if that contributes, or if it is really common.

Ryan

Its good if it can go higher without increasing the voltage. Moving it up can loose life on your CPU.

I would get a DFI lanparty board for OCing.

That much cash isn't an option at this point. The reason I need a new board is because this stupid ECS is stopping me with a maximum HTT of 250.

Ryan

Well, I purchased the MSI K8N Neo4-F. I know it has mild overclocking features, but I plum cannot afford anything else. I can't afford it now, and won't be able to in the future either, so I stuck with the MSI. The EPoX was tempting though... I liked the review.

I read in another forum that the best weeks for overclocking landed in weeks 17-20. Did I read wrong? I heard from another person that around week 14 was the best. I'm very confused about the facts.

I thought the Venice core debuted in late April/ early May. Maybe it was earlier in the year, I don't know. Anyone with expertise would be greatly appreciated. (gaara, nubius... fellas? Help your friend out, eh?)

Ryan

no takers, eh? I was hoping somebody would pop in with some info. I can't find any for the life of me. Google can only take me to so many forums.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom