WC running. Bleeding Reservoir?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Hey. Finally got this running-ish. It's leak testing right now. nothin so far, 2 hours in. we'll see what tomorrow brings. Fitting 7/16 tubing over 1/2 fittings was immensly painful lol. Moreso the pump, as it has a beveled edge. had to use a heat gun heh. on top of the clamps theres no way in **** that thing is goign to leak.
Honestly, I couldn't pull off the hoses with my strength haha. But if any of the equipment is defective then that would suck XD.

I'll edit and resurrect my older post, i took LOTS of pictures of different stages. This case is/was a pain in the ***. lol

ANYWAY.

I opted for a reservoir over a t-line, and i'm a little stumped as to how I properly bleed the system. Seeign as the rad is mounted to the top of the case, i could stick the case on its side and prop the reservoir to the highest point, which is what I did a few times to manually bleed as much as possible. (flipping aroung a 40lb case like a rubix cube sucked haha).

Got one of the EK multioption cylinder reservoirs. The reservoir has 4 holes. top, bottom and two on the side. I have top and bottom plugged and hoses attaching from the sides. All I did was unscrew the plug at the top and poor soem water in to replace any air, then screw it back on. rinse, repeat.

If I have the case sideways and the reservoir at the highest point, will the air stay in the reservoir, allowing me to unscrew, and replace it with coolant. Or will it just get sucked back through the loop, because it isn't a t-line?

If it will get sucked back through how would I go about bleeding it? Also, can the top be unplugged while the pump is running (if its at the highest point)? Or will it shoot out everywhere? That would make things slightly easier as I'd be able to check and add without a huge hassle every time.

sry for bold just did a lot of typing so figured i'd outline the question.

Thanks guys. I'll get pics and crap up asap when I can grab the camera again.

If I have the case sideways and the reservoir at the highest point, will the air stay in the reservoir, allowing me to unscrew, and replace it with coolant. Or will it just get sucked back through the loop, because it isn't a t-line?
if the reservoir is at the highest point, and the tubings are below the water level, the air won't get sucked back into it
http://apokalipse.googlepages.com/watercooling.PNG

in fact, reservoirs are usually easier to bleed. The loop going through the reservoir means that any air that's in the loop, will have to pass through the reservoir. And since air rises, you end-up with it at the top of the reservoir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom