WC finished, CM Cosmos. (Pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Hey. took two days and a lot of coffee but im done for the most part. It's up and running, leak tested 18 hrs which is good enough for me. Still got some UV cathodes and a sheet of acrylic for the window coming but thats neither here nor there. Anyhow here she is:

(Warning the images are HUGE)

Me, woken up by the mailman and oogling my stuff XD.

Display of all the junk:

This case has WAY too much crap to strip off:

Took two broken tabs and a lot of fighting to get both these moldings off.

Theres so many tabs remaining it doesnt even matter. Way overkill. lol

Insert Fan Grill Here:

XD

Rad mounted to the top. No simple task lining up the makeshift holes XD

Insert other goodies here:

Workshop:

Hosing in place:

lol Leak.. I dare you:

XD lol max 10 images per post. continued:

Starting to shape up.. ^^:

head on:

Allll in place:

Yes thats a different mobo lol. Stupid thing came halfway through, had to tear out the old one and put that in. MAN what a pain haha

I got the TC fan shroud as well but theres No room at all in there. in fact the fans themselves barely fit as it was. what a nightmare screwign them in was haha.

Nother shot, finished-ish.

power on. no idea how to turn flash off on this camera >.> oh well.

In all her glory. No idea how this one got small, was tryign to figure out flash. hahaha

Coretemp says 31-35C idle, bios said 27 last time i looked. Theres still some air in the lines I gotta bleed out. MRI tomorrow and im pretty much out of time so it'll have to wait. Even 35 is a nice drop from 50. I just put on some fresh mx-2 as well, so lets see if it goes down any more after it sets. After a set I'll post temps and crap when I start overclocking next weekend. This X38 DQ6 is sweet as opposed to the p5k deluxe. No problems at all.

At one point during this fiasco I thought I was leaking everywhere. Was like OH crap!!!!!!...

.. then realised i'd only sliced a finger on somethign or other and was bleeding everywhere haha. Was a relief, in an odd way.

Fan controller doesn't work. Fans just stay 100% all the time. it's loud as all ****. No clue whats wrong. a bit irritating.

As for wire managment, this case sucks XD i managed to cut a hole for the main mobo power cable, unfortunately the 8pin cant be routed anywhere else. I tried to cut a hole for it up top but the latch mechanism for the back door goes right over where the top of the mobo sits. So unless I can get an extention cable for it its stuck sitting right there, XD. I should look into that.

As for the other cables I did what I could. I'm using all available power slots the psu has, minus 1. In order to hide those green sleeved fan cables at the top more than they are, i'd have to remove the cpu waterblock. yes its that tight up there. lol

Anyhow it was fun for a while, but trying to cram it into two days was probably a bad idea. lol

wooooooooo!

you know you are a geek when you worry more about the integrity of your water cooling setup then your own bodily fluids

oh and the reason why your fan controller isnt working is because you only have the yellow wire connected to it from the fans, you need all three (red/black/yellow)

lmao

oh, that sucks XD there is no red and black. Male and female molex heads and that yellow 3 pin wire. Thats a bummer.

do you have a 4 pin molex to 3 pin fan cable? it usually comes with fans

31QXA20AHKL._AA280_.jpg

do you have a 4 pin molex to 3 pin fan cable? it usually comes with fans

31QXA20AHKL._AA280_.jpg

i have something like that, but its a male connection. red and black. they came with case. nothing else came with the fans.

Guess i'll just have to find some of those then. Thanks for the help

a few things:
nice work, fer sure.
and in the picture that says "nother shot" it shows the top of the case, and i can see the radiator, but i dont see the fans. are they underneath the radiator?
also, what kind of cooling set up is that? like, whos the manufacturer?
and
dude, thats a huge jar of pennies.

a few things:
nice work, fer sure.
and in the picture that says "nother shot" it shows the top of the case, and i can see the radiator, but i dont see the fans. are they underneath the radiator?
also, what kind of cooling set up is that? like, whos the manufacturer?
and
dude, thats a huge jar of pennies.

if you look at the pic thats titled All in place you can see the black fans mounted on the bottom of the rad. inside the case.

Yeah, red led fans mounted to the bottom of the rad, exausting the air.

And sorry I left out the important info haha.

Thermochill PA 120.3 Rad
D-tek Fuzion Waterblock.
EK Multioption reservoir
Swiftech MCP655-B pump
kikbox fan grill
everythign is 1/2" barbs
7/16" masterkleer vynil tubing
uv blue reinforcement rings (MUCH needed in my case it turned out, they really work well ^^)
distilled water
zerex performance coolant
some red UV dye (name escapes me)
3 76cfm thunderblade red led fans for the rad, another for back exaust.
Noise isolator fan controller. it'll be cool when it works. XD

yes that us a HUGE jar of pennies. try lifting it lol yikes. i started to count one day and gave up after about 5 minutes.

thanks XD

sorry for brief pic titles. most people don't seem to like too much text and I can be rather long winded, so I kept them point form-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom