WC finished, CM Cosmos. (Pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you want to save money, you can just volt mod the cables you already have (however if you dont have the molex removal tools then this takes a bit of patience)

yellow to red (12v to 5v = 7v), red to black (voltage floor goes from 0v to 5 v), remove red and black (unnecessary cables left from process)

XD thanks hmammen. I like the case as well. there are a few serious design flaws that makes me want to slap whomever made it, but nothing serious.

As for the volt modding cables, although it'd be a good learning experience, by the time i got the soldering iron i'd be around the same as a batch of cables.

Even then, if I were to try that, the cables would come up too short to reach the fan connector. One cable already has a 4 or 5 inch extention on it and its still a bit short. And for some reason or another the molex pins are much farther back than that useless RPM guarge wire I mistook as the fan control.

Really lame setup on the fans themselves, but I guess that was just poor research on my part. Was just excited I found the only red led fans available in canada lol That were rated under 25DBa anyway. And even that was wrong. I'd put these around 35-45dba @ 100% by ear. Course thats ballpark and I have poor judgment lol.

But thanks for the info, i'll write that down for sure XD

one last note is the front door doesn't close with the fan controller there, so I just removed it altogether. It's no big deal since it was just a bother opening it every time i needed to use the CD drive anyway.

oh well look at that, nice and simple. I'll see if I have enough cable length to do that then. Would save on some wire clutter in the empty drive bays.

Thanks! ^^

bahahaha XD Thanks. they ROCK. so comfortable. sometimes I slide right off of chairs though, gotta be careful.

I got my UV lights and sheet of acrylic today. uv lights installed. looks cool. i'll wait till I cut out the window for pics. maybe i can figure out how to turn the flash off in the meantime lol
cutting this window has me a bit on edge but I don't think it should be too hard. Just hope I have enough cutoff discs left.

does cutting out the metal part infront of the case fans increase airflow?
im not sure if its metal, but the thing that the fan is supported by...if you cut the middle part...would you get a lot more airflow?

a jigsaw?? seems a bit rough for a 1 or 2mm piece of aluminum? XD would I need to go buy a specific blade? ol man doesn't use it for anythign other than wood.

i don't quite understand the question krazy :S There's no fans at the front to be supported. Do you mean the fan and fan shroud at the bottom? Or do you mean cutting out the center of the fan itself? XD or was that directed at someone else entirely.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom