Which way should the air flow thru. heatsink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally, you want to suck hot air out of your case. However, with the heatsink and fan, it is different. Imagine it like eating hot food... a steak. Before you take a bite, you blow on it to cool it off, then you eat it. You don't hold the food in front of your mouth and try to suck the hot air out. It works like that. The HSF blows cool air ONTO the heatsink in an attempt to cool it down. As the hot air is blown off of it, it can be pushed into the case, and your case fans will throw it away.

pc_boy said:
yeah dude, but my case fan is right on top of the heatsink, like 1 inch from touching edge to edge... and they are pulling opposite dirrections, causing them to cancel/reduce..

;) :confused:

While, theoretically that could cause a small dead area, there is so much room surrounding the area for enough displacement to take place so that the dead zone would be virtually nonexestant.

i'll switch the fans aroound, and make a little "tunnel" out of paper to go right into the heatsink... then i'll have 3 fans blowing in the CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom