Waterproof computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^no doubt...
i also wonder,
how do you change discs in the dvd/cd? or reset the CMOS? questions that hopefully were asked by builder before inserting computer into oil....

yeah the problem about submerging the computer in water lies in that water conducts electricity real well. would fry everything most likely. where as vegetable oil does not.

yeah the problem about submerging the computer in water lies in that water conducts electricity real well. would fry everything most likely. where as vegetable oil does not.

Actually you're wrong. H2O is a horrible electrical conductor. Only when certain things are in the water (such as salt) does it then become an electrical hazard. But regardless, I would never submerge my computer in water no matter how pure :p

Alright, this is purely hypothetical, because I'm not even dreaming of doing this. But in another thread, someone was asking about homebrew watercooling. Here's my questions...would it somehow be possible to completely waterproof your entire system, and then submerge it in water? Or fill the case with water? Once again, I'm not gonna try, I just think it's an awesome idea.

If the water was completly purified of all metals and particulates.

How long will a PC last, being cooled under vegetable oil, or mineral oil? I heard vegetable, won't last long, because it can grow mold or rot.

well water instantly reacts with carbon dioxide in the air so it is not possible to have pure water unless sealed in an industrially air tight container and is pumped in whilst being produced and then you would have problems with releasing the air in the container. love to see the fans work underwater Ive got two delta focus fans they are 60mm and move 56cfm of air bet they would make a great water flow.

Vegetable oil doesn't rot but I think the top layer would be some sort of living mass of fungi after a few months but if the fans function under-oil and cause circulation then the fungi shouldn't settle

Yep water when pure is a bad conductor....however once it gets exposed it's a hazard which is near impossible not to do.

Cookie oil and I believe it was some sort of..motor oil or something can submerge your PC in safely from electrical current however I don't think I would want my parts being rotted away by them either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom