Watercooling Solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
I am thinking about getting a Q6600 and another 8800GTS to go in SLI with my current one, but at the moment for overclocking purposes it's just getting too hot. I have been looking around at some water cooling solutions such as the Thermaltake Bigwater, Antec Chill and a few others.
Does anyone have a personal preference that they could recommend to me, I am looking at spending probably between $150AUD - $220AUD

Cheers,

Michael.

no, don't look at any antec or thermaltake watercooling systems...

if your going to be cooling a quad you don't want to skimp and thus should get a custom loop from petrastechshop.com

don't go SLI unless your playing at large resolutions, you'll see very little performance increase otherwise (around 30-50%)

buying watercooling for your graphics card to overclock is probably useless because unless your going to volt mod the card, you will be fine overclocking it with just the stock air cooling

Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme > cheap water cooling. Unless you build your own watercooling loop, just get a high end air cooler. I can overclock my quad past 4ghz with my TRUE.

The Xigmatek 120mm cooler is the best cooler for the money, IMO. About as good as the TRUE but costs about half.

If you want to go watercooling then don't cheap out. Get quality stuff and build custom.

I have been rather unimpressed with the stuff danger den has been putting out.

They haven't launched a new cpu block design in years. And every single one of their full cover blocks are basically identical. And don't get me started on their acrylic cube cases...

And to the op, don't spend less than 200 bucks usd on a cpu only loop and no less than 350 for dual gpu/cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom