Watercooling Pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only seen one case in which a guy did this...had copper tubing for the entire PC....he did a really damn good job as well, but that would take some insane planning on your mart to make it work out...not only that but it would be a beotch if you ever wanted to remove the block quickly and easily

I saw a case with all kinds of piping in it. It took him 9 months to design and build it, it looked like something right out of Doom. You couldnt tell which pipes had water in them, and which had wires in them.

"No wonder these pipes dont work, they're got wires in 'em" - Curly

But to help answer your question, Nubius is right. It would take some insane planning and mechanical drawing skills on your part. You could do it, and I imagine it would prove to work quite well if you did it right. I mean, they are metal, and metal stays cold failry easily, so it would add some sub cooling to the water. It would certainly look cool, but would be one hell of a b!tch to do. I imagine it would cost you some pretty serious dough as well. If your going to do it, the only thing that will stop you is you! Go for it and tell us how it works out! The only thing that limits you is your imagination.

err pipe is like £25 (around $40) for 10 meters of it and the things like t connecters are quite cheap also

yeah, well cost aside it'd still be a pretty big time consuming project

yeah, i guess metal pipes would be better because i am also looking into water cooling my case however my case is tight so i might have to go with a regular kit. i've never had a water cooled pc is it worth it???:eek:

P.S. how do u use a pic for a signature anyway, because i have some pics of my comp to show

i dont know if its worth the hasle to make copper tubing for your computers water cooling system, i think you should just get some realy thin plastic tubing, but then again im no physics major.

metal pipes would be awesome but think about it you'll probabally upgrade in 2 years so then you'll have to bend new pipes for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom