Watercooling noise output question:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sell224

Baseband Member
Ok well im just curious, as opposed to the noise of fans in a computer, how does water cooling compare?

Ive heard that it is very silent except for a slight buzzing noise. Iv ALSO heard that it makes as much noise, just a different sound..

Can anyone clarify this for me because Im thinking about a watercooling system but im looking for less noise.

it all depends on your setup, if you pick quality components, then your water cooling system can be very quiet, with noise coming mostly from the fan on the radiator; the newer pumps are virtually silent. It also depends on what you are cooling....the more components you add to your loop the bigger the radiator which in turn adds more fans...

well, having 1 ot 2 fans will be quieter than 4 to 8 fans. I had 6 fans, one exhaust, two front, one nothbridge, one CPU, one vid card, not to mention PS. It sounded like a B-52 on takeoff even with controllers! Now I just have one 120mm and PS. It is super quiet (never have to turn up fan to full) Idle at 27,maxed is 42. one of the best purchases I ever did for my machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom