watercooling kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblaze725

In Runtime
I was looking at a few watercooling kits so that i could further my overclocking. A few that i looked at were the Zalman Reserator, the Thermaltake Aquarius 3, the Koolance Aluminum Exos, and the Corsair Cool Water Cooling Kit. I wanted to know any opinions anyone had on these or any other cooling kits and also basically anything else in the liquid cooling department that may help. I would like to give this a shot as my home is always very hot and this hurts in my overclocking. I would want something for both my cpu and my graphics card.

which of these do you use and what are your temps like? oh and also i would like a cooling kit that would run with its own power as im sure im all ready straining my 400 watt psu as it is.

I havent heard anything good about Koolance. Personally i would get the Thermaltake big water, or the Corsair system, Zalman. I know the Thermaltake works pretty good, i have heard the Corsair is suppost to be good from a few people. But i personally dont know anything about it. Again i dont know anything about the Zalman, but i do know they have great products. I think Zalman has better cooling products then Thermaltake.

Just make sure you have a few 120mm fans with your liquid system. It really helps alot, its not a good idea to leave it all to liquid. Im guessing you want something quiet. For that matter i suggest these Vantec Stealth fans.

http://www.frozencpu.com/fan-38.html

I'd say go to www.dangerden.com and build your own kit. Would be cheaper than those systems you listed but more than the bigwater, not by much and you'd probably get reasonable temps.

Unless you go out of your way for bigger radiator that holds 2 or 3 120mm's and a nice housing for it, then your temps will be a little under that of the best air cooling solution but much quieter.

You need:

CPU Block
Pump
Tubing
Barbs
Coolant
Reservoir

That's the basics and of course if you wanted you could get GPU and chipset cooling. Either way do a little research and just build your own from select parts. I wish I had done the same instead of buying the bigwater, but the bigwater is definitely a good kit for beginners

i looked at dangerden.com to see how much it would be piece by piece and it seemed like it was more expensive that way. also i dont wanna run it off of my power supply i want it running on its own power.

if anyone could make any suggestions as to a watercooling setup they would build if they had my system that would help alot in me seeing what i need and a basic setup to use. thanks.

I have recently set up my watercooling system on an Athlon64. Yours being a P4, it might be different but probably not. I went the way suggested, build your own. After reading through the reviews I was pretty disappointed with what people were saying about some of the mid ranged, pre built kits. The higher end ones arent all that bad, but you can deffinately do better for the money if you build it yourself. Here is what I did:

DangerDen TDX waterblock

PolarFlo TT vga block

a 86chevette heater cored and built a box around it for my radiotor and fans in Push/Pull arrangement

ViaAqua 1300 (extremely cheap and good flow) AC pump with the noise mod (you have to do this or it sounds like a train)

Standard res mounted at the top of my box.

You can look around on google to find a simple step by step on how to put it all together, there are tons of threads and reviews that show you how.

My setup works great, temps never get above 34C even with OC. With P4 your temps are going to be higher but will look much better than on stock.

see i want a setup thats really gonna bring my temps down to where my full load would only be like 30c tops. as it is with my aircooling i idle anywhere between 28c when its cool in my house to 34c if its really hot. my full load temps have never gone past 45c and that was once when it was like 85f in my house but regularly itll get to maybe 42c or 43c and thats after hours of computer use and gaming. i dont want to build an expensive setup for just a couple of degrees i want to see a substantial difference. also when i look it up pieces seem quite expensive. the waterblock for my 6800 gt alone was like 68 bucks. along with everything else i needed my setup looked like it would have went over 300 easily. if anyone can figure out a system that will really bring my temps down without making me get a second job i would love it. then again maybe its just not gonna happen i understand things like this cost money. ill keep looking though and hope to find something worthy of spending some cash on.

Then you are talking about peltiers and chilling(ALOT of money and time). Watercooling can only bring your temps down to around room temp, even with the biggest and best setup. When you start to OC you wont see temp changes with increased volts like you see on air. Watercooling has alot cooler temps when running bigger OC's. That is really the benefit, not for standard operation or minimal overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom