watercooling is this any good

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlr

In Runtime
hi al i wanna get a water cooloing setup but dont have much money, i was wondering if this would be any good or would i just be better buying all the parts and building my own,if i buy the parts separatly it will take a month or two to get them all were i can buy this at the end of the month
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=174654

by the way the overclock im my sig is not what im running at now this is what i was running in winter i had to put it at 2.2 ghz for summer

na dont buy a kit go somewhere and put one together. the kits are as good as putting one together yourself. but if i were u i would save up for some new stuff like cpu mobo and gfx card. just my opinion

beleive me i would realy like to save up and get new cpu mobo etc but but funds are extremly limited so watercooling is the only way i can get a bit more oomph at the moment what do you sugest i buy instead of getting a kit please remember im in uk

yeah, but the main thing he is saying is that a water kit will suck.....I can guarantee you you won't get much performance out of a cheap kit like that...it's better to buy the parts seperate, tubing, pump, water blocks etc...if you REALLY want to go watercooling, trust me I've made this mistake in the past so I'm telling you from experience...You'd be better off getting a good aftermarket heatsink for the CPU

ok ill build my own, i found this site
http://www.coolercases.co.uk/cpu_coolers.htm
i know its asking a lot but if im going to do this i wanna do it right could, one of you who has a good idea what your buying have a look on ere and pic me out the pats ill need then i can buy them sepsratly thanks very much mlr

that site is built perfect for anyone who wants a good performing water cooling kit built and is a bit inexperienced in the area

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/wc_kit_builder.htm

You can just check off the parts you need and make your purchase. Basically you want:

TDX Block for Socket A K7 processors
D5 Pump
Maze4 Block (if you want to include your GPU in the loop)
A radiator to suit your size and performance
Tygon 1/2" Tubing
T-Line

Make sure you read the dedicated overclocking topic we got posted at the top here as it goes into detail with just about everything and explores many different possibilities. Those are exactly the same resources I used when I was getting my kit together

I highly recommend you grab a GPU block if you have the spare cash as they work remarkably and drop temperatures about 20C. Do not bother with a chipset block

On a site note, that Chrome D5 they have looks DAMN sexy, not worth the extra money but man, SEXAY

On a site note, that Chrome D5 they have looks DAMN sexy, not worth the extra money but man, SEXAY
Wow....first time I've seen the chrome pump lol.

If I was ridiculously rich I'd get a silver TDX with chrome top, Silver MAZE4 with chrome top and that chrome pump :D

hmmm that'd be perty

Yeah I had never seen one either, I WANT IT NOW

yeah I'd get all that crap too if I had money to spare since chrome is just damn hot to look at, but it just ain't worth it

one day....one day

I would get the ZALMAN RESERATOR 1 Plus Fanless Water Cooling System
Why are you recommending that? It costs a fortune and performs terribly, especially if you want to overclock which is what this guy wants

Of course that thing might be nice if people have tons of money to burn and want an absolutely quiet system, but for much less and much better performance you can just get a dangerden kit and have the fans running at low speeds, or for even cheaper, just get a good aftermarket cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom