Watercooling... *4 ChEaP*

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
Basically i just need a little more cooling for my system.. and i plan to get some watercooling going on... but b4 i go buying things like crazy, i need some questions answered

Here Dey Go:

1) Are they bigger tubes better? :confused:

2) Wats a trustable brand? :p

3) Good Sites to buy from? :cool:

4) Wat does a radiator do? :amazed:

5) How can u tell how good a pump is? :D

You only need to answer a few, or all if u would like

Jus so u knw... i am going to buy parts individually :)

probably the best tubes for now are 1/2"

Trustable brands are swiftech, dangerden and uhh thats all I can reall aTM.

Best site to buy from: www.petrastechshop.com these guys know what their doing, I Even spoke to the owner in person lol, great guy, great prices.

a radiator is simply the "Heat core", where the heat that the water transports from your CPU/GPU will dissipate from the water [Without that, the water will first cool the CPU and GPU by absorbing the heat, but then they'll reach the pump and will just circulate again on the cpu and gpu and get hotter and hotter]

You can tell by the maximum head room [thats how theoretically far the pump can push water in a 90 degrees] and how many liters per hour she does, a good head room is 10feet [3meters] and above, and like 1020+ liters per hour. Also, a good pump can be rated 'good' simpley because its very silent and don't do much vibrations..... but thats a matter of perference, some people just don't really care about noise.

Here is what I'm going to order in hte next few days from the exact same shop, this is under a very strict budget of 200$ [sums up for 226$ with shipping]:

MP-1 CPU block
Maze4 GPU
MCP655 pump
Black Ice Pro 2 radiator
Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Reservoir

I hope this will help you :) .

-Jo.

sry to barge in on your thread, but does anyone know of canadian stores with water cooling stuff?

ne'er mind, found one.

petra took me like 10$ for shipping to Massachusets dude, thats near to nthin

And i'm a he you *******.

BTW T-line sucks it complicates stuff, better off with a reservoir if you ask me, matter of perference though.

-Jo.

I use a tline, it has marginally better perfomance, and is much easier to fill and empty.

www.petrastechshop.com is the placeto buy from. Ive met both owners in person and buy all my water cooling stuff from them. They are local to me, and are always willing to help with any problems i have.

A+++

1) Are they bigger tubes better?
Depends on components, 1/2" is preferred in most cases i guess

2) Wats a trustable brand?
Swiftech, DangerDen

3) Good Sites to buy from?
Not sure :( at least not for your location

4) Wat does a radiator do?
Much like a car radiator it removes heat from the system. Water from the loop passes through the radiator and due to the heat conductivity and surface area provided by the metal of the fins the heat is tranferred from your coolant to the radiator. the heat is then normally removed from the radiator by a mounted fan

5) How can u tell how good a pump is?
Depends on your components and whether you wish to use an AC or a DC pump. generally i would look at the l/h (litres per hour) rating.

nitestick said:
5) How can u tell how good a pump is?
Depends on your components and whether you wish to use an AC or a DC pump. generally i would look at the l/h (litres per hour) rating. [/B]

Actually you would be better off with looking at the amount of head (pressure).

Is it true that say a old chevy Impala radiator or somthing is better then one you can buy?

you don't really want to be using the radiator from the car. what you want is the cars heater core. it is a type of radiator but it is kind of in under the dash, it provides the heat for the cars heater. i hear the 87-89 toyota camry's (not sure if you have camrys in the US or if you call it something else) heater core is perfect as it is all copper and fits perfectly in a 5 1/2" bay. some of them even came prefitted with 1/2" outlets i think :D. i would say they are just as good if not better than a bought radiator plus you get to break/make something in the process. the parts required are probably cheaper than buying an equivelant radiator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom