watercooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
also seems to depend on your cpu..
i have been reading on xtremesystems and a couple other OC forums that the 45nm chips dont really benefit from H2O...they stay within their envelope pretty much no matter the voltage. and water wont really cool them much better (like 2-5*C maybe). i have noticed no significant difference between 1.25 and 1.3165V using a pretty decent hsf.
ie it will be a hardware limitation on your OC, not a heat limitation like most of the 65-90nm cpus.

WC shines though when it involves a max oc and under load. Are you saying that the 45nm still only has a 2-5c difference under these conditions

Top of the line pump, 75+
Good radiator 45-55
Tubing 75c per foot
Good CPU block 50
fill port 12
t fitting 2 bucks

WC shines though when it involves a max oc and under load. Are you saying that the 45nm still only has a 2-5c difference under these conditions

if what you mean is, would there only be a 2-5 *C difference in load temps between water and air at max OC, and i think you are, then...not speaking from experience, but from what i have read...yes. it seems that phase or ln2 would have a bigger effect though. water may have a more pronounced effect on a chip with a higher VID, but on the ~1.1V chips it really wouldn't matter. again, this is second-hand info.

hrmm... i've learned at higher voltages, wc takes a big impact...

my system runs maybe 10c cooler than before on water at 1.55v.. thats a huge difference.. thats the difference of... is my computer going to be able to run 3.8-4.0ghz everyday without me worrying

now at idle... i'd say at 1.55 its about the same as before... in the 40's range... but then again.. last time i ran 1.55 on air... it was much cooler here in california

For the most part, the 45nm parts are going to get their max Oc just fine on air. The lower end chips have such a low multiplier that the board is usually the limiting factor to the overclock rather than the cooling method.

Also, if you go water, petratech is the bomb. I ordered my barbs for my radiators on tuesday, picked usps because post office delivers on saturdays, they showed up today. I ordered them at like 5:30 on tuesday, the were in my mailbox on thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom