water vs. air

Status
Not open for further replies.
but wouldnt even distilled water corrode everything since oxygen is the one responsible for rust etc? and what other liquids would there be other than water? and what non-conductive?

and whats worng with the case? mine is fine for everything. good air flow

well the thermaltake one im lookling at has its own radiator coolant to reduce corrosion. or at least thats what it says. but u need a new cpu about every 2 yrs to stay with the top anyways so might as well get a new cooling system too. so i dont think the corrosion is going to happen that fast

do they fit any size or do u have to get certain ones? like s775 or 939

Any waterblock can work on any existing recent socket, you just have to buy the appropriate mounting hardware for that specific socket

You wanna use 90% distilled water + 10% zerex/antifreeze...distilled water will not conduct electricity and zerex will keep impurities from building up in the coolant...you should still obviously change the coolant once every 6 months or so ideally

I personally was using that same coolant and it leaked and got on my motherboard PCBs, cleaned it up with some rubbing alcohol and let it dry and it worked fine

the main reason to use distilled water is there will be no limescale perhaps not a major issue if your not planning on running the system for years.

Personally if I had liquid pumping around my case I'd want it to be non conductive, but I guess its not so important if your rich or something

lol well being a college student i'm not rich so i do not want my new comp to blow the first week i use it.

how much more can u OC using 9:1 water:zerex? and where do u find zerex?

MrCoffee said:
Guess what, I just got some distilled water and a multimeter... you're wrong.

I did the same thing a couple of days ago lol. but with different outcomes, I got no current pasing through it. How ever I got 0.3amps pasing through the de ionised water I have in my PC water cooling. (I did the test at 12v if it matters.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom