Water or Oil ? - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Re: Water or Oil ?

Ever heard of Vapochill? Sounds good but the price is just nuts. Kit-Tronics*::*VapoChill*::*VapoChill XE2 Darn it I think I can build one for a my oil RAD. I have got all kinds of parts around from small fridge to window AC.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
Patron

Yeah its a vaporising product they use in fridges I think or something similar to that vapourises really easily. You could use ethandiol which is one of the main ingredients in de-icer to the same effect. I am not sure whether it would eat through your pipes though.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
Lord Techie

That case looks horrendous. So basically, you're shelling out 1000 bucks for super amazing cooling performance in a case you're going to want to hide under your desk. :[
thirdshiftdj - what on earth are you trying to say???
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM or IM.
If I helped you out, or what I just said rocked you like a hurricane, hit the little thingie over there.
<-------------------------------
Old 01-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Yeah I was going to try to chill the oil somehow so I was looking at AC's small ones really small ones.

And you are right that case is jacked up dude. Why would they do that? I mean its really really bad.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #25 (permalink)
Junior Techie

AHHHHHHHHHHHH KoolerAire 12 Volt Air Conditioner RV Boat Marine 12 Volt Air Conditioners I think I found something. Its 12 volt LOL

Nah uses ICE I think.

LUL so lustig. HAHAHA the comercial is funny as ****.......... I lol'd on this one.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
Junior Techie

peltier coolers hummmmmmmm they are cheap! Could add a good sized one to the Heater core I found plus a fan and well it just might work for chilling my oil. 10x 136.8 TEC Thermoelectric Icy Cooler Heater Plate: S01540-004 VirtualVillage.com **** I forgot about these little buggers man. Ah ha GRYNX Peltier beer cooler not just a beer cooler a reservoir cooler! I got to say the beer cooler is sweet!

Ok its 11pm here in Germany so I am going to bed. I got it though. I have a way to chill the oil in my loop. Now I just need to work on a set-up tomorrow. I mean placement of parts and what not. This is going to take me a month to finnish, but **** it I think I can get my fluid/oil to less than 10 degrees C before the CPU. All with power from my PSU or my old one!
Old 01-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #27 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru

Pletiers are horrendously inefficient and require huge amounts of power to get something cool.

You also need to actively cool the hot side to prevent it from frying.

Thanks!

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
Old 01-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belzybub View Post
Ever heard of Vapochill? Sounds good but the price is just nuts. Kit-Tronics*::*VapoChill*::*VapoChill XE2 Darn it I think I can build one for a my oil RAD. I have got all kinds of parts around from small fridge to window AC.
CA$1129.19 (US$ 959.81) . that's expensive even for you guys im too scared to even do a currency converter to put that in Australian dollars.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #29 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by computer newbie View Post
CA$1129.19 (US$ 959.81) . that's expensive even for you guys im too scared to even do a currency converter to put that in Australian dollars.
Those are nice though. They sure could sell alot mor eif they were cheaper.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #30 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru

OCZ Sells a phase change unit called the Cryo-Z for $400 however you need to pick it up locally as they will not ship them.

Thanks!

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
Closed Thread