Water Cooling your RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I have asked about water cooling the ram, but have been told it will do nothing but kill performance and is not necessary. I was also told that the blocks dont exist, and as far as I could tell, they didnt. But i ran across some today, and the reviews were suprisinly positive. He really dug them, said they performaed pretty well.

http://www.ocmodshop.com/default.aspx?a=249&p=712

Check it out, I'm thinking about it.

But it isn't even necessary, how hot does your RAM really get. Unless you're using BH-5s and pumping huge volts through your RAM, you shouldn't even be thinking about this. An active fan blowing over the RAM will work a lot better for a lot cheaper.

Plus they restrict the loop and heat up the temperatures of the CPU and GPU.

I know about heatspreaders, but this was the first I saw at mass marketing ram water coolers. Kinda cool, definetely be something novelty.

I'm going to be using a DDR booster, the one from OCZ, so my temps will be slightly high. I need to cool that, I'm not sure how I'm going to do that, it has a small aluminum sink on it. Thinking about modding a chipset waterblock and putting it on there. It recommended that if I usedanything above 2.4 volts or something likje that to make sure I have an active cooling solution on it. That maxes at 3.9v, and I will prolly be using it to it's max at some point, so I will need to cool EVERYTHING! And plus, I'll just get a bigger pump and throw in a radiator after the water runs over the ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom