Water Cooling Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weapon MonsterCores and Shrouds:
MonsterCores
--Weapon MonsterCore (unpainted) fittings changed to brass barbs, cleaned and tested - $95 + S&H
--Weapon MonsterCore, fittings modded, cleaned inside and out, metal prepped for paint, stealth black finish - $105 + S&H
--Weapon MonsterCombo – matched stealth black core and stealth black shroud, with mounting hardware for fans and shrouds. $150 + S&H
Note: All MonsterCores/Shrouds/Combo are subject to availability and may take 14 days when in stock before they can be shipped as they are modded and painted on a per order basis

His monster core info for ya ;)

weaponmonstercore2.jpg

MCD192Weap.jpg

Mmmm, that is absolutely delicious. Very appealing option.

Not a bad price either, I would need the shrouds and all that jazz as it'd probably be pretty hard to find some to fit on that monster, and modding some seems above my level.

Although still, that thing would take up like half the side of my case at least :D, I think I'd probably just be better getting a smaller single radiator for the GPU. Ya never know though. :)

Honestly that thing is so big that without a pump like the Iwaki Z series which runs for about $175 and has like 20+ feet of head, then you probably wouldn't get any better performance out of it.

1 heatercore would probably be enough to suffice for the two pumps unless you just wanted to get an 80mm or 120mm Black ice rad or something for the GPU, but the real question of course would be, how much better temps would you get from 1 pump, 1 heatercore and one line for CPU and GPU vs two pumps and possibly 2 rads....I posted a question about two pumps in XS......basically it doesn't seem too worth it at all.

You're talking like around $150 for maybe just a few C if that on either the CPU or GPU

Yeah, it really all depends on the other components I buy, more money goes into the actual hardware first before cooling plays a factor.

Basically, I'm looking at:
Some sort of AMD processor
DFI Lanparty
6800GT (possibly r520 but I doubt it since that things gonna be expensive as hell)
OCZ Rev2
Drives, Case and PSU

After all those things the rest goes towards WC, which I've estimated at around $300-400CDN (like $250-300USD) at least, and I figure I'll get the best that I can. I'll probably check out what temperatures I'm getting before I decide on another circuit or not.

whew, that'll be a nice upgrade, those OCZ will definitely set you back a pretty penny.

What system are you running now?

And yeah you can pretty much bet that that r520 is going to be like $600+ lol

Yeah, I've been looking for some TCCD RAM but there's no where up here to buy it, and since shipping across the border is expensive with computer parts, sooo I went with the OCZ.

My current machine is:

Pentium 4 3GHz
9800Pro
Asus P4G8X
1GB Corsair Value

It's getting on close to two years with this now, and I had one stick of my Patriot get errors, so I'm stuck with the value RAM for a while, so I'm pretty much limited to what I can do. =/

This new thing is gonna be such a sick increase in performance, I'll be able to play Doom 3 and Stalker crazily better and I'll be able to push this thing way high. :D

The way you're heading you're not too far from something like that yourself, your system makes me jealous right now anyways lol.

Pentium 4 3GHz
9800Pro
Asus P4G8X
1GB Corsair Value
That really isn't that bad at all already. You should get that 6800GT early and stick it in there. That would be a big performance increase right there.

Yeeeahhh, I would, but the whole PCI-E and AGP trasition is really screwing everything up. I'd have get an AGP 6800GT to go in the current system, and I wanna be able to make the trasition to PCI-E now so I don't have to worry about it plus I want the Lanparty which happens to be PCI-E.

What I might do sometime in the next couple weeks is buy a 6600GT AGP and stick it in now, and then step up to a 6800GT, although I'm not sure you can switch interfaces with the step up program or not. The only reason I'd do this is to get a better price on the 9800Pro when selling it now so I basically have to pay less for all the video cards. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom