Water Cooling System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YanBooth

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I am hooked on the looks of water cooling (Came to my senses :( Vapochill overkill), and I want to know which water cooling systems are good. Price is not the issue here, just something that is the best, or near it.

Thanks guys

Yan

Time to steal the spotlight from Nubius. :p

Buy all your parts custom from different manufacturers, stay away from any prepackaged kits by thermaltake, cooermaster etc.

Depending on what you want to cool, you'll need a CPU block, pump, radiator, and reservoir as well as tubing. 1/2" tubing allows better waterflow so I'd stick with that. The DangerDen TDX CPU block seems to be good, and the Swiftech MCP6002 seems to be favoured as well.

Pumps, I've got mixed answers on. The MCP650, AquaXtreme 50z and MCP350 all seem to be good. Reservoir doesn't really matter but bigger is better basically.

The Radiator is probably the most important piece in my opinion, from what I've got from xtremesystems the two days I've been there is that the WeaponCore modded by a guy known as Weapon there is better than most other solutions out there.

Gaara - People will only suggest the MCP350 to be a good pump if you plan on modding it which can be risky.

Other than that the main competition is between the 50z and MCP650

although that Maxxx guy said it's not, 50z seems to be the bandwagon everyones jumping on, but when I said that he said "no the MCP650 is the bandwagon', but I hear nothing but 50z from them. They said it's supposed to be quieter, perform better, and put less heat into the water.

The MCP650 is quiet, so they are crazy there, I have a friend who has it. About performance, I've only seen a couple charts in which the D4(MCP650) outperforms the 50z, so I asked maxxx if he had any reviews that proves all these claims of the 50z being superior....All I keep hearing is biased opinions so I'm still waiting on that.

Here is what I want to do...
I want to cut down on noise. I am still thinking 6 case fans (vs. 11-13) turned down until there is little to no noise. Then throw in water cooling on the CPU, video card, and perhaps the chipset (is it worth it?).

Any other opinions?

Any chance you could provide some more links? (Yes, I am that lazy!)

Yan

Chipset isn't worth it. If you're really worried about cooling the chipset, just get a decent aftermarket one.

Dangerden and xtremesystems.org are basically the only links you need.
Don't be lazy when it comes to water cooling. You need to do a fair amount of research before you just throw down cash and buy it

I don't think the MCP650 or 50z will vary in performance much at all, I was more leaning towards the MCP650 myself after I read one review which gave some straightfoward answers (looking for it now).

No comment, but with either one, they'll be no louder than one of your case fans dude.

they'll be no louder than one of your case fans dude.
That's the point I'm trying to make at xtremesystems...but no one comments on it lol.

Everybody there says the 50z is quieter yan, and that it puts less heat into the water, and performs better, but I haven't found any reviews or articles to back up those claims.

One case fan is enough to cover up the sound of the MCP650 so I don't know WHO in the hell actually hears that crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom