Water Cooling Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying-Squirrel

In Runtime
Hey all I am feeling a little bummed about the new computer that I just built. It is working ok at 240 htt with a 1:1 ratio. I am at about 2.65 Ghz. I have a max temp of about 52 C or so at full load. I want to push my cpu higher but it gets too damn hot. I can still push more voltage into it with my MOBO but I don't know if it would work or not and it would probably be too hot so here is my question.

What are some good water cooling systems? What kind of cost can I expect? Is it worth it to go for water cooling considering I am a broke college student? Do you think I could get a good performance increase while still having a low temp if I used water? Any links?

Thanx a bunch. Check my sig for my hardware stats.

ZALMAN

zalmanwatercoolingsystem.jpg

I actually have that same exact setup used for 3 months and a new un-used! koolance integrated water cooled case that I'm selling, I sent you a PM. I'm selling them for much less than the new price obviously. Everything is in perfect condition. Let me know if your interested I'm jsut trying to help ya out man.

If you dont wish to go zalman (even though u really should) you can custom rig up a decent water cooling system, though it'll cost you big bucks compared to these water cooling kits.

I re-replied to your original PM bro lol. All in the pm, is you have any questions keep feeling free to ask, take care.

Brian

That Zalman watercooling is good for a cheap water cooling kit. It cools the cpu as well as a xp-90 aftermarket aircooling and it cools the video cards quite a bit better than stock cooling. Not for overclocking though, if you want a really good water-cooling setup I suggest you read Nubius' sticky. He has a link that tells you what to look for in a water-cooling system and even recommends parts.

How does water cooling stand up over time? I like to be turn on my computer and forget about it for days at a time and not have to check anything really. Could I do that with water or does it require daily checks and maintance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom