water cooling questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lanc, the pump is no where near as loud as my push/pull (fans are panflo 100+cfm) fan set up, which is real loud going through the PA120.3. When just the pump is running, it is just a real low level hum, but if your wanting real silence, go with what aspire said.

Aspire, Yeah, I can run prime95 for 24 hrs stable and my max temp is around 61C. But my volts are way higher than yours. I'm at like 1.65, maybe even higher. I'm not at my oc'd comp right now so I can't tell you for sure. I found I could hit 3.6 stable with voltages around 1.4, but the second I started going higher, I had to crank the volts up big time. My chip is 32A which they say is not one of the better ones. I wish I could get to 4GHZ but the voltage I would have to run for that would take my temps into the stratosphere. When you get a chance, pm what week you have.

Well I don't need absolute silence.

Now how much is the iwaki pump go for? I know it is way more then a D5. But just curious. I would use a high cfm set-up if the computer wasn't in my room. But I do need to sleep once in a while. :)

With shipping, which I think was 2 day, it was around 180. But it is the MD, not WMD, which is the japanese motor version so it costs more. I built a unit to house the pump, rad, and t-line on top of my case. The tubing runs in the back of the case at the top (I cut holes), goes to cpu then the 2 gpu's, then back out the top to the t-line then pump. It works out well. It is more tubing than is opimal but the Iwaki keeps the flow very high so I'm really getting tood temps based on my settings. If you want to keep everything in the case and your on a budget, go with aspire's recommendation. As for the block, as you are probably seeing over at XS, there is quite a bit of controversy. I can tell you that for Core2Duo, and Quad cores, the Apogee GT that I use performs extremely well, as does the D-tek fusion. The Swiftech storm is a great block with higher restriction, but the numbers are not showing a real big drop in temps for the price.

I built my loop based on what everyone over at XS said was top notch. By no means do you have to get those componants. Any nice loop will beat air cooling. I'm just weird, read too much, and end up spending a ton... :) I've been trained to do research. But aspire is correct in that you can spend way less on a loop and still get great results. One way or another, it is a lot of fun and a great learning experience.

edit: BTW, I got the pump from petstore.com. They have great service and got the pump to me really fast. The guy was also able to tell me exactly what parts I needed to get the output to 1/2". If you go this route, pm me and I can tell you what you need and how to do it right. I didn't the first time and had some leaks where I put on the reducer and hose barb.

Aspire, go over to XS and read the thread on that D-Tek fusion. It is a really awesome block. There is some member over there that claims he designed something very similar with a better top that he will be releasing in the next few months. It is funny to see him argue back in forth with the guy who actually made the D-tek. I love that forum for watercooling because the guys that actually design and sell this stuff are on there posting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom