Water cooling question ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

socom2playa

In Runtime
i have a liquid cooling setup(check my sig for details) anyways i wanted to know if the speed at which the water was travelling through my system affects the temps of the cpu ? im running at stock speeds and my temps are at 38C-40C, for some reason i think if the water was moving slower through the rad it woud get colder. can anyone verify this theory?

It shouldn't, according to the laws of physics.

If it's going fast then each cubic cm of water will be in the radiator say twice a minute. This means the radiator will be cooling it at a certain rate depending on how long the cubic cm of water is in there.

If it's going half that speed then each cubic cm of water spends twice as long in the radiator at a time, but only goes through once a minute.

Overall, the cubic cm of water will be spending the same amount of time in the radiator per minute, whether it's going round twice (short time in radiator) or once (double that time in radiator).

Therefore it will experience the same cooling effect.

Does that make sense?

Depends on your kind of system really. Since you only have a CPU block I believe that one MCp650 is more than enough. But say you had an impingement type CPU block, plus a GPU block then it probably would help to get a couple degrees cooler temps if you had two MCP650's pumping. Quite common to double up the pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom