Water Cooling Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentdax5

Solid State Member
Hi there new here, would just like to ask a few questions about water cooling systems because I am thinking about getting one for my new computer.

1. Would I have to buy a new case? My current one is kind of small a mid ATX I belive

2. Will I be able to integrate the system onto my current parts?

3. Are they very difficult to install? (Im only 14 but Im a fast learner)

and could someone post a link to a kit/system, that isn't too expensive but efficient. Im not looking for anything fancy, and I would like an idea what im looking for.

Thanks

Hi there new here, would just like to ask a few questions about water cooling systems because I am thinking about getting one for my new computer.

1. Would I have to buy a new case? My current one is kind of small a mid ATX I belive
Depends on what water cooling system you get. A lot of them have external units.

2. Will I be able to integrate the system onto my current parts?
almost definitely. What parts have you got, by the way?

3. Are they very difficult to install? (Im only 14 but Im a fast learner)
Depends on what system you get. Some are easier than others.

and could someone post a link to a kit/system, that isn't too expensive but efficient. Im not looking for anything fancy, and I would like an idea what im looking for.

Thanks
I personally like Swiftech products.

Depends on what water cooling system you get. A lot of them have external units.

almost definitely. What parts have you got, by the way?

Depends on what system you get. Some are easier than others.

I personally like Swiftech products.

Lets see... got a Geforce FX 5200 (plan on getting something better thats PCI E when i order the cooling system), an AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core +3600 Processor. I don't know much else about it hehe, I had bought one and I am just modding it some. :nerd:

I would personally like a internal system, but like I said i don't if theres enough space.

Lets see... got a Geforce FX 5200 (plan on getting something better thats PCI E when i order the cooling system), an AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core +3600 Processor. I don't know much else about it hehe, I had bought one and I am just modding it some. :nerd:

I would personally like a internal system, but like I said i don't if theres enough space.

Personally, I would say that system maybe not worth watercooling to be honest. A decent system would cost at LEAST £150/$300, and for that you might as well buy yourself a better GPU maybe? You would notice the difference alot more than WCing it and OCing it a little.

you can always mount the rad on the case itself. Depending on the size of the rad and what all you wanna water cool. You don't need high end parts to water cool. It can just be a learning experience so when u do get a better system then you don't have to worry so much about messing the parts up.

Usually people mount it to the back of the fast or to the top of the case. However there is some drilling involved. It isn't to hard to install at all. Your age don't matter as long as u read and learn about the stuff then theres not a problem. Its rather simple to install. Right now i wouldn't worry about water cooling your GPU cause you can always upgrade it later if you would like without the hassels of draining your system and filling it again.

for 150 bucks, save you money and dont waste you time.

nothing at that price range will outperform a high end heatsink.

Instead, go on ebay and buy yourself a used x1900xt or something of the likes, it will be much much much more beneficial to your system

Yeah this is mostly a learning experience for me, but not being a hard core gamer Im fine with an average graphics card. Only playing World of Warcraft and CS:S, I play my games fine on low to mid settings. I just want to extend the life of my computer, because my old one had over heating problems. I don't want the same problems to happen to this PC either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom