water cooling loop help

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
I'm a bit rusty on my watercooling knowledge, so heres my question:

I have a radiator, cpu block ,pump, and reservoir. What is the correct pattern? pump-res-block-rad?

wouldnt it be better goin the rad first. .cooler water from the rad to the cpu.. warm water to the res then pump then back to the rad.

yah, i would think you'd want the rad right before the block... then pump and res if you need one
can someone, cough, aspire, cough, explain why?

yip..why would you want to cool it after the block and mix in the res where most of the water would be warmish then pump it to the block. Seems more efficient to pump the warm water from the res through the rad to cool it just before hitting the cpu.. my theory anyway.

Nope, because you want the water to go right into the rad after it comes through the blocks. The water is imediatley cooled, then that cool water will go right into your res. You don't want warm water in your res. do you? So now you have cool water being fed into your pump and right to the blocks. :)

Correct answer is it doesn't matter. Water thoughout a closed loops will be very close in temp everywhere. I personaly do pump-rad-cpu-gpu-gpu-t line. But I have been assured that the only absolutely necessary thing is that your res or t-line is right before your pump. The rest is preference...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom