water cooling kit, any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis18

Banned
http://www.crazypc.com/products/9380.html

newbie to water cooling, and i want to get it very bad because with summer coming, i idle at 40c with my zalman, and it gets very hot in here, but my question is how does the coolant for the liquid cooling get cold? thats the thing i dont understand, i want to stay in the area of 150 dollars or so, so give me some ideas, im also intrested in cpu and gpu liquid cooling as well, since my gfx card gets hot as **** too, like 50c idle ><! another thing, if the water cooling doesnt work great in the summer either, should i just get a cpu plastic covers or something i see in ****ing dell's or something? i like that design they have.

look in sig for comp specs, Thanks guys

The coolant gets cooled by passing through the radiator and air passing through the radiator absorbs the heat from the water.

I would stay away from that Kit and most kits in general. The won't give you the performance over a good heatsink, and that kit won't have the headroom for a gpu block without havy rise in temps.

Check out www.dangerden.com for a nice selection of high quality parts.

I know it's a little higher then your budget but I would spring for the :
TDX and D5 pump combo
black ice pro 2 radiator
10 feet of clearflex tubing
and a T line

later on you can add a gpu block when you get the money of if you want to go for one now the Maze4 gpu is really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom