Water cooling just installed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
um wow with those temps push for 4.0

I have hit 4.0 but it's not stable at 1.5v. I'm afraid to go much over 1.5v. I got a few SuperPI runs in at 4.0; I got 12.7s. Any tips to get it stable at higher speeds without adding more vcore?

what kinda temps are you gettin at 1.5V?? you can go up to 1.6 comfortably, as long as the temps dont skyrocket... also, how high is you NB voltage? make sure you're running your memory at the rated voltage (what's on the sticker)... and if you dont really care about the memory performance, you can loosen out your timings a bit

what kinda temps are you gettin at 1.5V?? you can go up to 1.6 comfortably, as long as the temps dont skyrocket... also, how high is you NB voltage? make sure you're running your memory at the rated voltage (what's on the sticker)... and if you dont really care about the memory performance, you can loosen out your timings a bit

Temps at 1.5 are less than 55C after 6 hours of prime.

NB voltage is the lowest it can be and the NB doesn't exceed 45C

Memory is running slow at ~870mhz @ 5-5-5-18, it'll easily do over 1000 w/ those timings.

You think running 1.6 (we're talking actual 1.6 in CPU-Z after vdroop) is ok for daily use?

explosion.jpg

Chip go kaboom!!

If my chip would do that, I would DEFINITELY give it 1.7v. From a safe distance of course.

266$ for a fireworks show like that? yes pl0x

if its only hittin 55C, i'd stick a few more mV through it... just keep goin until you get temps around 65C at lull load... the voltage you can put through the chip really depends on the temps you can run it at... i'd say you'll hit the temp ceiling at about 1.53-1.55V on that chip... you should set the NB (and FSB if you can control it on your board) voltage up a bit... it'll help you get stable with higher FSBs

if its only hittin 55C, i'd stick a few more mV through it... just keep goin until you get temps around 65C at lull load... the voltage you can put through the chip really depends on the temps you can run it at... i'd say you'll hit the temp ceiling at about 1.53-1.55V on that chip... you should set the NB (and FSB if you can control it on your board) voltage up a bit... it'll help you get stable with higher FSBs

To a point temps only mean so much. Too much voltage will just straight fry a chip.

1.55V is definitely pushing it and isn't something I'd even consider for daily use.

Maybe for a benchmark or two, but nothing more.

What is the VID on your particular chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom