water cooling installation help

Status
Not open for further replies.

adiosk8

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I think im going to get the Danger Den water cooling kit and im wondering where you guys would install the radiator, pump and resivor in my case which is a lian li v2000.

2_sized.jpg

thanks....still looking for some ideas though!

(do you like the fans with zip ties on the bottom? heh )

The v2000 is a great case for watercooling: lots of room for a big rad. First question would be what size radiator you are using. I would recommend a double heatercore. Mine fit perfectly in my Silverstone Temjin 6 (full-size tower as your v2000).

There is plenty of space by the hard drive racks at the bottom. I would ditch those and mount your hard drives under your optical drives. Then you could make use of the room at the bottom for a double rad.

Are you sure you want a reservoir? I've heard of someone who had to rotate his case around to remove air pockets since his reservoir wasn't higher than the blocks.

Well I was going to get a resivor that goes in a CD rom drive slot and have it at the highest point...and I have that 120 in the back... I was wonder I could swap the radiator out there and pump the heat out... but the radiator would be the hard part..

I could but it on the bottom...but where would all that heat go then?
now that I look at it again... there is some room in front of the power supply and I could rig something up in there and have those 2 80 mm fans pump the air out..

You will want to have fans mounted directly on the radiator, not distant 2x80mm fans blowing some air on it (though some space is good to kill the dead areas of the fans).

It all depends on the size of your radiator. What size radiator are you using and what fan setup? With that size case, I'd go with a double and mount it lying down on the bottom with fans sucking air from the bottom of the case. If you follow such a design, I would cut out a section of the bottom so that there is room for flow and elevate your case as much as possible.

Perhaps you can mount it vertically under your optical drives and have it bring in fresh air.

I wouldn thave it just with no fan... im saying it would probaly be the blackice dual core radiator with a fan on it and those other fans would pick up the exhuast of the radiator and pump it out of there.

I dont know if mounting it under the optical drives would be the best because then that heat is put out into the rest of the case.

Then you mount 2x120 radiator exhaust (effectively case intake) fans on the radiator so that it will pull heat off of the radiator and from the outside and blow it over your motherboard. That's what I did with my case. It's a good way of reusing air.

what water cooling setup did you have? im looking at the danger den or the swifttech setup..

The parts I used for my rig are in my signature. You can see pictures of my rig at my site (link is in my sig as well).
Here's one:
[450].[300].Image_0188.jpg

I have my heatercore setup as my later suggestion. It's mounted on the front with 2x120mm fans acting as a radiator exhaust but a case intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom