Water cooling help... 2 VGA blocks only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riva16

Solid State Member
Hi. I've been wanting to get a water cooling kit, but every kit i see has one CPU, one VGA, and a northbridge water block. I'm already using a Noctua NHU-12 CPU cooloer with two 130mm fans keeping it cool. I want a water cooling kit to cool my two 7800GTs SLi and northbridge chipset instead of my CPU. What all do i need to buy to just build my own water cooling system? I'll need two VGA and a northbridge water block, duh, but what else to just get a basic water cooling setup? Water pump, reserve, and tubing definatly, on top of the blocks. Anything I'm missing? I assume its cheaper to buy the individual parts for what i need vs. "kits" who's quality I'm skeptical about. Thanks!

www.petrastechshop.com

1st, dont bother cooling your chipset, its a waste of money.

Second youll need an sli compatible kit, Id reccomend the Silverprop GPU blocks, a danger den laing d5 pump, swiftech mcr-220 radiator
6 feet of 7/16 inch masterkleer tubing t-line fittings, fillport, arctic silver 5, dual 120mm fans, a shroud, aka 120x38mm fan gutted.

And that should do ya.

hit up Kuraikitsune01 on aim

he is petrastechshop's owner and is always glad to help.

Thanks man. I'll look into all that. One hting though. I can assume this is utterly expensive? The Danger Den GPU block I found was $110 itself... I can't afford a massively expensive water cooling kit for just two 7800Gt's...

The silverprop combo of two blocks is about 90 bucks
pump is 75
radiator is 40
all the other small stuff = about 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom