Water Cooling doubling up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GyverX

Beta member
From My Signature Below, You can see my current set if need be.
Right now I have two fans on my heat sink (if you can see it in the picture).
What I would like to do is make the move over to water cooled.
Right now I run at about 36c idle and about 48c load.

What I plan on doing is going with the “Big Water” Cooling system from ThermalTake. On top of that I will be getting the TT Flow Indicator, Water Level Indicator, and the T-type Water Temperature panel.

What I would like to do is add an extra radiator to the set up. I beleave my case would be tall enough to set this up but would like to be able to double up on the radiator for extra cooling so I can start to over clock my AMD.

Would this work?

A pic of my system

systempost.jpg

Yeah you can stack rad's. Nubius has 2 of them. You should read his review. Wow thats one fat light you got in that case.

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42789

Like 4 links down from this thread man. Labeled 'Unofficial Bigwater Review'

My latest temps are around 28-30C Idle and 39-40C full load.

It does pretty well considering it's a budget kit

Since you have a 64bit CPU I couldn't tell you what kind of results to expect. You might get lower than your current temps, but your current temps really aren't that bad at all. The bigwater will just be a lot quiter.

Also you could go to www.dangerden.com and build your own kit for maybe just tad bit more than the bigwater + and extra rad.

Well I want to over colck the AMD and if I go 2.O then I should see the temps I have now when I over clock. give or take :) BUt I want to double up for as much cooling power as I can get out of this kit becuase of its size and I like TT products

Yeah it's a pretty nice starter kit really. I don't know how much of an effect the doubling of the rads did though because I didn't test it with only one rad against 2.

if u do use 2 radiator's, thy may work better side by side, instead of back to back.

and remember, ambient air temp makes just as big a diff as everything else. example - 1 radiator operating in a 60*F atmosphere, will prolly work better then 2 radiators operating in a 70*F atmosphere.

Well, I talked to the misses and I am actually going to throw down the extra green backs and get a Swiftech H20-120 Rev3. The main reason Behind this is because it will- 1. perform alot better than the Bigwater mainly because of 2
2. the big water doesnt use 1/2 tubing and the h20 does.

You are corect about ambient air thats why I am not going to install the red to the case but insted look for an alternative placment but will keep ya posted on what I decide (The internet is a wonderful resource)

if u do use 2 radiator's, thy may work better side by side, instead of back to back.
Yeah, I need to do some tests some time because I haven't done them side by side, just one following after the other, although I doubt you'd notice any like...insane temp differences or anything.

Also I noticed something strange...on the barbs that are for 1/2" tubing, the inlet hole is still the same size....you would think that would almost defeat the purpose of having bigger tubing.

Also Gyver, if you just look at www.dangerden.com and read up on water cooling you can build your own setup for a lot cheaper than just buying that swiftech one. I wish I had done that in the beginning but stupid me just thought "more money = better kit" when in reality most just build their own from scratch.

When you say Build one, You mean like how you would build a computer right?
Buy all the piecies and build it from there.
Is this what your saying? Just making sure

Had some Ideas and up front I would like to apologize for the crudness of the diagrams

I am currently looking into the cost effectivness of building to suit a water cooling system but had an idea

You started talking about ambite air and got to thinking on how to coll the air with out using your airconditioner and/ or moving your desk. I thought of this.

http://www.livingincomfort.com/slkzpeairco.html

This is the "Slant-Fin "Personal Space" Air Cooler KZ12"
It lasts for about 10 hours on regular tap water. and cools the air

Here is the idea
airidea.jpg

Make a plastic airduct to hold a 80mm fan that you would normaly use for a radiator an hook all of it up like the diagram. I thought about pulling air and pushing air. neither should be a factor becuase you should have enough air puch for your radiator its a matter of the air your pushing. that were the duct comes in. the duct should have air outlets on each side so air that is coming from the KZ12 unit can escape but closed enough so that the air inside the duct is cold. In thory, there should only be a very little bit of air escaping from the vents, this will alow the air inside to be cold and not enough back pressure to over load the KZ12 unit.

So What do ya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom