water cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil_warrior

In Runtime
hey is this the best water cooling fan there is?

Zalman reserator 1 . if there is one better can you name it and how much it is approximately.

oh incidently this is going to be my setup. any opinions?

AMD Athlon 64 FX 55

2 pci express Nvidia Geforce 6800 ultras linked in SLI

NEC 16X dual layer burner

nforce 4 SLI lanparty dr motherboard

200 GB hard drive 10,000rpm 8mb cache

Corsair TWINX1024-4400PRO

Blade Deluxe tower with power supply and fan

SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY2 ZS PLATINUM PCI CARD

600 watt power supply top power

Zalman reserator 1 water cooler

Blade Deluxe tower with power supply and fan

obviously im gunna replace the blade cases power supply and fan with the other one.

a link to the Blade case is here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51062&item=6741221796&tc=photo

what you think?

find a better case w/ 2 120mm power supplies, keep that airflow goin and quiet so your water cooling will work to it's max.
Also if your spending that type of case (of course your lookin for top quality), so some research and see if it is in your interest to wait a few months if you can and get the FX-57. Other than that im sure you'll have the best comp on the block :).

best water cooling fan?

Isn't the reserator like a fanless system? Don't know entirely what you mean.

Generally if you build your own watercooling kit piece by piece you can make it a lot better than a kit. Unfortunately I didn't find this out until I had already bought one :p

www.dangerden.com has top notch pieces.

ok tahnks and sorry i meant water cooling only. but moving on to ak_smalls comment thanks mate appreciate it. But im going to keep the water cooling and everything else, but should i buy 1 or 2 extra fans? and im definetly gonna research that fx-57

I don't know, I'm all for 'the more fans the merrier' but sometimes I go overkill on it :p

well, i have a very similar setup and what i would do is get a nice big case, im getting the cm stacker if you can afford it. if you have room in your case get a dual 120mm fan radiator instead of a single 120mm version, cause that will cool better. get at leasst a 1 bay resovoir or some kind so that you dont have to worry about fill and bleed. try to save up or get the dangerden nvidia 6800 blocks as they cool the ram also but they are also 120$ each so if you need to save get normal vga blocks and most of those come with sinks for your ram on the card. i would also recomend since you are using sli like me this is my setup. get the dangerden rbx cpu block since it has 2 outputs. put each output to a seperat video card so they both hoave the colder water instead of daisy chaining them so one has colder than the ohte. then i owuld recomend a north/south bridge cooler as i think the fan on those is annoying and just get a y slipter from the video card outputs to go to that.

here is my setup

pump>radiator>cpu>Video Card 1 & 2> north\southbridge chip>resiovoir>pump

repeat

with normal cooling they are 2 slots. with the dangerden 120$ waterblocks they are 1 slot. with normal waterblocks they can be 1 or 2 slots but most of the time 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom