water cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

æArchOAngelæ

Daemon Poster
is water cooling really good? this may sound like a newbish question but i never hear much about water cooling or liquid coooling what ever u want to call it, but i am looking at buying a water cooling kit for like 100 just a case fan and a cpu water block and pump and back up receiver. does it help that much and is it hard to install it? i am pretty good at getting stuff to work but is this somthing where u need to be a god with computers to do?

ive never used a water cooling system before but from what i understand they are a much quieter and better cooling solution for your pc. they are more expensive and take up extra space but well worth it. ive been considering getting a system myself after i upgrade my graphics card first.

Low end water cooling isnt as near as good as high end or even mediocre HSF ( heat sink fans ). I wu9old look at a XP-90 or 97-SI sepending on wat socket u use, and get a more or less silent fan if noise bothers you.

Volcano 12 heatsink is really good, if you don't have the money to buy liquid. It is not that quiet as water cooling though

yeah, i dont need a beastly water cooling kit i just want something alittle more advance than fans,and quieter and better at cooling, thats the way i learn and expand my knowledge on computers. i like to try it rather than never try and know about it.

æArchOAngelæ said:
yeah, i dont need a beastly water cooling kit i just want something alittle more advance than fans,and quieter and better at cooling, thats the way i learn and expand my knowledge on computers. i like to try it rather than never try and know about it.

A $100 water cooling kit (manufactured) will be sketchy, not-so-good performance, and probably alot of plastic/aluminum parts. Most likely 3/8 tubing and a weak pump.

If you BUILD a watercooling kit for $100 or under, you will probably still get mediocre hardware and get ~ same performance as a good air cooled machine (which would only cost maybe $60).

For real watercooling advantage/results you generally spend ~$200 (unless of course you find really good sales or discounts) What kit were you looking to buy? There are some that are pretty good, others are simply trash.

The Thermaltake Aquarius III is a good low end proformance system. Its a very simple system to set up, if you have a Full Tower case, or a modern Thermaltake Mid-Tower case, along with other cases that offer room.

Im positive that your limited to cooling 3, not exceeding 4 peices of hardware. Witch is'ent that much of a big deal if its your first time, or you cannot simply offered the best.

Im going to get this kit, for the simple fact that i dont want to OC the system im working on alot. Its 150$, witch is a nice price for what it offers. Although room temp will effect this kit alot more then a full cooling system. So with any small kit, make sure your room temp is great.

any links for a decent water coolin kit for under 150 and easy to install without having to like cut out stuff or removing stuff, i measured and i dont have enough room for majority of the kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom