Water cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

LV38_Eagle

In Runtime
Now we are getting some summer weather, I have noticed my PC getting hotter than I would like. I have (almost) decided to go with water cooling, and wondered if anyone could give any pointers on the subject.

A possible problem I have flagged up is the lack of Heatsink mounting holes on my Gigabyte 7N400 pro 2 motherboard, as most waterblocks seem to use this method of fixing. This would appear to be a solution, but is new to the market, and therefore not ‘tried and trusted’.

well.. i have a aquarius III. It comes with a universal waterblock.. so its bacisally for everything. Its also a external system so u dont have a thing of water Inside your computer. So if u have any leaks the most that will happen is your carpet or desk getting alittle wet. The way that the block mounts to this CPU is... there is a bracket u put on the bottom of the motherboard. You put the screws through the little holes that the cpu fan bracket is. (you have to take the bracket off in order to get the screws in). After you do that... then u just go and put the nuts on and there u go. You got a waterblock. um... but thats bacisally it. Its very simple to do and one of the simplest to set up. Its also very quiet. There is a ajustable fan in there from 2100-5550 RPM's. So its good. Onyl thing is... its 220 dollars brand new in the US. But.. the price may of gone down. If u want u can also get like a different waterblock for better cooling.

Thanks for the reply, but...
LV38_Eagle said:
A possible problem I have flagged up is the lack of Heatsink mounting holes on my Gigabyte 7N400 pro 2 motherboard, as most waterblocks seem to use this method of fixing.
I looked at the Aquarius, but you yourself say I need the holes in the motherboard that I donÂ’t have.

Monster00 said:
well.. i have a aquarius III. It comes with a universal waterblock.. so its bacisally for everything. Its also a external system so u dont have a thing of water Inside your computer. So if u have any leaks the most that will happen is your carpet or desk getting alittle wet. The way that the block mounts to this CPU is... there is a bracket u put on the bottom of the motherboard. You put the screws through the little holes that the cpu fan bracket is. (you have to take the bracket off in order to get the screws in). After you do that... then u just go and put the nuts on and there u go. You got a waterblock. um... but thats bacisally it. Its very simple to do and one of the simplest to set up. Its also very quiet. There is a ajustable fan in there from 2100-5550 RPM's. So its good. Onyl thing is... its 220 dollars brand new in the US. But.. the price may of gone down. If u want u can also get like a different waterblock for better cooling.

No water in the tower? Well I'm pretty sure there are hoses that go from the radiator to the water block. So if something happened to the hoses or the connection to the water block I could see some water getting in the tower.

yea well what i ment was like not a resivor in the tower. But eagle.. what u can do is u can go and get a different waterblock if uw anted to get the aquarius III.

Monster00 said:
yea well what i ment was like not a resivor in the tower. But eagle.. what u can do is u can go and get a different waterblock if uw anted to get the aquarius III.

Ok, just didnt wana leave someone who hasn't done this feel like their computer is invincible to any possible leaks.

LV38_Eagle said:
DonÂ’t panic Chaos, I knew what Monster meant. Its hard to cool a CPU without coolant!

Wasn't in a panic. Just didn't wana see someone mess it up and kill their pc, that would just suck...

True, I would hate to have to replace the entire contents of my ‘box’ now.

LV38_Eagle sets mode +ON TOPIC!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom