Want to try Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonc731

Baseband Member
I have given OCing a thought, and decided that I would slightly overclock my Celeron 533mhz System first, incase of an error I would not mind buying a $30 cpu. I don't know of any overclocking programs, the pc is at my other house witch I will be going to in a few minutes, si I need a quick response. Any help is appriciated.

Thank you, as I said before, I am a total newb. I heard somewhere that there are programs for it, guess I heard wrong.

there are programs, but you only use those as a last resort assuming your BIOS doesn't have adequate options.

Clockgen is one of those programs

Just OC the hell out of it, unless its needed. I would run that thing as hard as it could go.

I am using a bios from 1999, it dosen't have the ability to overclock. So I am assuming you recommend Clockgen considering you posted it. Also I am using 256mb of PC100 value ram. I know they say isn't good for ocing, but does that make it impossible for me to oc?

BTW: I would have this thing running at max if It wasn't needed, It is a tempory replacement at my vacation home. I will probably just build a cheap pc soon. Then I will have fun seeing how high I can OC it :D.

My bios dosen't support the ability to raise the FSB or change the multiplier. Clockgen dosent support my motherboard, I am not sure what type of motherboard I have, but I am using an HP Pavilion 6638. I just want to experiment with it and maybe get into overclocking someday. Is there a free overclocking utility that can be used with any motherboard? I have been searching google for a while, but have had no luck.

Yeah, no dice dude, that sh!t is locked for overclocking. Try to find a 3rd party mobo on the internet that will support that processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom