want to start overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told you to go into advanced bios feature so you can disable c1e and eist. That will stop it from jumping multipliers. Theres tons of info on this here. Look around

I googled the problem and this seems to be normal. It operates at a lower speed when it is idle and goes up to the normal speed under load.

How do I go about changing the ram speed? I did not see anything to change that.

Right now I am at 2.6ghz. I just ran 3dmark06 and scored 12,296. At stock I got around 11,000. My temp stayed around 40. I am going to keep on raising it. Do I need to change anything else besides the fsb? Everything else is set to auto.

c1e and eist ruin yoru overclocks and cause things to become unstable in many cases

disable them

since your running a gigabyte board you'll probably have to press ctrl f1 to access the advanced features (a new menu link will appear)

also.. if you ask our opinions please respond to them...

we already told you to set your voltage manually and not to keep it on auto

make sure your stressing your cpu while checking load (download orthos or prime95 and run a large FFTS torture test)

ram speed is tied to FSB, the higher the fSB the higher the ram speed

I answered your question in the post above

although you can't directly change the RAM's speed, you can tighten the timings (advanced DRAM settings)

put the voltage on the default voltage (it should tell you, if not set it on the lowest)

the goal for voltages is to make it so that its high enough to run your system stably (running orthos or prime95 for 12 hours minimum) without causing crazy temperatures

be warned, temperatures may increase substantially (5-20 degrees) when you increase the voltages even by little amounts

Okay, I disabled both of those things, set the voltage to 1.25 and I'm running at 2.7. According to CPU-Z, the core voltage is 1.232. Why isn't it 1.25?

How hot is to hot for a GPU? While I was running 3dmark06, it got up to 73 after it was done. Is that to warm? I have not overclocked the gpu any.

its called vdroop. That temp is fine for a quad. As you increase the fsb, check for stability. If its not stable then go add alittle more vcore and check stability again. Keep doing this while keeping an eye on temps and your ram speed.

I'd say 80 is a good place to be at for a max load temperature

what program are you using to stress your CPU when you overclock?

edit:

^^= gpu

71C is what intel says, but Im not sure if thats a single temp for a core or for the IHS temp. I just keep it below that for all cores. And I think thats only for the GO quads.

Okay, I disabled both of those things, set the voltage to 1.25 and I'm running at 2.7. According to CPU-Z, the core voltage is 1.232. Why isn't it 1.25?

How hot is to hot for a GPU? While I was running 3dmark06, it got up to 73 after it was done. Is that to warm? I have not overclocked the gpu any.

guys he said his gpu is at 73c lol, and ya thats good hwat are your cpu temps at load?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom