Want to put in your .02? Please do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I took a look at the mobo/cpu conflict problem and I have two options. I can spend an extra hundred or so and get the 3500+ and not have to worry about processor for a while, or I can go ahead and get a new motherboard to fit the 3200+.

Well, going the extra money is pushing my udget, but I cannot find a good ASUS motherboard to go with the 3200+ processor.

Suggestions?

An Asus K8V will do nicely with the AMD 3200+, but I would upgrade to the 3500+ and if its a stetch on your budget I would downgrade the case. It is really overkill. You can mod your case by yourself and have it look amazing and at the same time have it very cool.

I will look into that motherboard becuase I really don't want to go for the 3500+ because of the price difference. As for the case, I like the Lian-Li a lot, but don't know if I could mod it myself. How hard is it to do?

Yeah, i'll probably go for AMD because the computer will mainly be used for gaming. I also decided to wait until early september to build the computer because I will have more money at my finger tips then.

My big concern right now is still the case though. I am wondering if I should go with that nice pre-modded one or get a plain case from Lian-Li that I like (that base model most likely) and mod it myself. I am really new to the modding thing so I don't know if I could realistically pull it off. To anyone that has done it themselves, is it that difficult?

case modding is pretty simple thing to do, the Lian Li your looking at has unbelievable amount of fans, which is simply overkill. However you can replace the fans of a regular Lian Li with Led fans add cold cathode lighting (sale at Xoxide.com Im not sure if its still going on), install a temperature control panel, and you're all set, granted it wont look as cool as the other case. However if you have the money and are not comfortable with modding your own case than just buy the Lian Li Custom. I'll tell you this much I would be so jealous of that case, it is a sweet case!

The link I provided earlier has a bunch of barebone computers that are helpful if you want to start building a computer. They are like $200 also for an amazing barebone computer. You should definitely check it out. That is where I bought mine.

I might be just blind but the barebone cases were only for AMD XP, I think this person is going AMD 64 3200+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom