Want to improve PC performance....

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottcreme

Solid State Member
but I dont know where to start.

I have an AMD XP 2200+ processor @ 1.8GHz on a MSI K7N2 board.

Also have an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, 1 GB of RAM, almost 95 GB of free hard drive space on 2 hard drives (1 is partitioned into C:/D: drives)

I used 3DMark2001SE and received a score of 11820 (is this good)

I read alot about overclocking (currently running at 126 F), increasing virtual memory, etc, etc....Is there anything that I can do increase performance and continue to have a stable machine?

Anyone who wants to help me must understand that I have no tech common sense. If you have the patience to walk me through, I will very grateful:D

use windows and defragment your HD and close all the background programs running in windows. other than that you have a pretty good machine and you should get some good performance. what speed is your ram at? oh and you should do some research on overclocking before you do it. dont get into something that you dont know until your for sure you are ready to do it. Overclocking can also fry some parts so be careful.

Thanks for your information

Question: Are you talking about closing the different processes that windows starts everytime you boot the machine? If yes, can you recommend which processes are not required and which ones are essential? I have done this before manually and it is a pain in the back side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom