Wanna get my system water cooled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know of any cases that come with watercooling installed, considering there are different types of motherboards, case fan inputs, and where the gpu goes. Get a zalman wc kit for about $199

I certainly wouldn't get the Zalman Water kit, talk about a waste of money.

Building your own at dangerden would be a good idea. Most cases that come with WC have a garbage WC kit, or as someone else said: a water kit. The same goes for most WC kits. Just custom build it as you do with your computer. It's the same deal really. You could easily build a very effective loop for $200, especially if you get a heatercore.

Just make sure you get blocks that will fit your hardware and fittings that will fit your tubing. That is often a mistake that WC kits will eliminate.

I would go with a heatercore though, unless you plan on spending a fat load waste on an expensive radiator. I just ordered the 1977 Bonneville heatercore for my loop, can't wait to get it! Heatercores will give a great deal of performance over a radiator. Given their price, it's a deal that can't be beat!

The heatercore I posted above comes pre-modded. You could pick one up at Autozone and mod it yourself, but why bother?

A radiator uses tubes in it that are connected to fins that are just used to dissapate the heat. A heatercore send it through actual fins, resultign in better cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom