Volts and overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Murphy

Baseband Member
How do you know if you need to increase the voltages when your overclocking. For example if I were to overclock by 10% in my BIOS would I need to increase the voltage or would it do it for me and if I do need to do it, how would I know how much to increase it by?

like toryn said, if the puter doesn't boot...then try upping the voltage. Then once you get it to boot into windows...stress test with something like Orthos...if it fails then up the voltage another notch. Keep doing that til its stable.

If the volts need upping, the computer wouldn't boot ^^

Not necessarly true.

Under or overvolting something can cause a slew of similar problems. The voltage for CPU, RAM and Northbridge needs to be just right for there to be no problems. And having ZERO problems when overclocking is very rare.
Like I said, no boot and many other problems can be caused by either under volting orover volting.. So just keep playing with it.
Core voltage is not the only thing you need to adject. Front Side Bus voltage, RAM Voltage and north bridge voltage are some of them.

Heh what board are you referring to. I'm sure one of us around here has OC'd on whatever board you are using :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom