Voltage-Way too high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night_Eyes

Beta member
Ok, Recently I thought about overclocking one of my computers, but I Decided to try it on my oooooooold AMD Duron (Spitfire) 700 MHz first, seeing as if anything stuffed up i wouldnt mind as much.

Anyway, I load up CPU-Z To find that the voltage is set at "3.038".
Like, wtf!?

In the pinned topic up top, it says that spitfire should have a voltage of about 1.6-1.7.
rarrwwww2la.jpg

Isnt that like....Dangerous?!?! The CPU Usually runs about 45-47, Which is okay I Guess....But is this Voltage too high?

I never changed it since I've owned it, But my brother owned it back in the day when it was a good computer, he might have done it...But I dont see why you would just change the voltage and nothing else.

Should I lower the Voltage at all? How will this effect my computer?

Edit-I just checked in the bios to find out that the Vcore is actually 1.57....CPU-Z is wrong! It works fine with my other computer though.
I guess now my question is whats a suitable Voltage for the CPU? Should I put it up a notch then check with StressCPU?

-Thanks!

In this case I wouldnt recomend changing it. It could be a faulty voltage "reader"

What I would do is use a multimeter to find a place to measure the pin's for voltage, but this is advanced and you could fry the computer.

CPU-Z IS NOT WRONG, your motherboard is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom