Volcano 12 Fans with P3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragan

Baseband Member
Hi guys i just wanted to tell everbody today about how i opened up my Pentium and took out the P3 cpu fan and replaced it with an expensive volcano 12 Cpu fan i turned the pc on a few times and it wouldnt boot but after a few tries it turned on then i went to check in the bios for the CPU temp and it was 4C i thought it was like heaven and i know the volcano works with it.

Its a 1ghz P3 I just want to know how I can overclock this sucker to 2ghz if possible i also have 10 Case fans 9 exhaust 1 intake

And if this works it might be a great breakthrough and Pentium 3 May live again

hmm.. well first off... it seems like ur PSU is alittle weak (in watts that is) if it took a few times to turn on then its a sign of a small PSU. Also you have 10 case fans. So that adds to the wattage. Plus if you wanna OC.. then its gonna take a lot of juice for a P3. But i the fans 9 exhaust and 1 intake? i would switch em around alittle.. maybe 4 intake 6 exhaust..

you're supposed to have a ratio of 2:1 intake:exhaust, but whatever floats your boat. And uhm... are you positive about your chip running at 4c? Do you live in an igloo?

maybe it says 40C and he got confused maybe...??? what are you system specs. I wanna know how your PC turns on with a 200w PSU

why do you people think 2:1 (exhaust:intake) as a case fan configuration is a rule. There is no rule, you need to experiment for the best configuration. On another note, more exhaust then intake will attract a lot of dust into your case, which is BAD. 1:1 (exhaust:intake) takes care of that problem, just put a filter over your instake fans and bam no more dust (or at least a lot less). But please, experiment.

when ever i turn on the p3 sometimes i smell smoke and the volcano aint moving but after a few restarts its good right now i have overclocked and put a p3 to the max 2ghz but the bloddy temperature in 47C

right now im thinking of overclocking it to 3ghz i have many ideas im going to try to mount 3 volcano 12 fans together and see if i can tackle 3ghz Pentium 3 and you know those gel packs which are used when you get a big sore red bruise these packs are always cold i sticky taped them to the top of my hardrives and there always cold and i got a another idea maybe i should open up my P3 and get a cold air conitioner to blow cold air at it

Here are 3 System Spec

AMD ATHLON 2400+ Never overclocked
2x80GIG Hardrives
768MB of ram
ATI RADEON 7000 Graphics Card
4X sony dvd burner
WINFAST 2000 TV TUNER CARD
6 Case Fans 5exhaust 1 intake
350watt powersupply

Pentium4 1.9ghz
256mb Ram
CDRW/DVD combo Drive
Gigabit Network Card
60gig hardrive
1 Case fan exhaust
240watt powersupply

Penitium 3
1ghz overclocked to 2ghz aiming for 3ghz
20gig hardrive
512mb SDram 133
Geforce 2 32 MB
10 Case fans 9 exhaust 1 intake
Volcano 12 CPU Fan
200watt powersupply get 500wat soon

Please view your specs

I like your airconditioner idea, but personally I dont think you can get 3ghz, def not with that psu, Also you may want to start cooling that ram down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom