Volcano 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traicer

Baseband Member
im about to buy a new Volcano 12 extreme since i heard these are great coolers but i don't know it it comes with that thernal compound( i think thats what its call) or do i have to buy it, if i have to buy it wich one is the best.

Thx all

The heatsink will have a thermal pad on the bottom. I would recommend removing it, and applying Arctic Silver 5.

To remove the thermal pad from the heatsink, simply dampen a napkin with rubbing alcohol, and wipe the previous compound off.

Keep in mind that the same procedure is not used when removing the compound off of the CPU. You can read how it should be done here.

Well i have the thermaltake volcano 12 extreme edition and it DOES come with thermal paste and no thermal pad, BUT its not very good, so yea get Arctic Silver

yea my v12 came with some goo.. not a pad i think any aftermarket hsf has some kinda grease or something.. not a pad

what kind of temps do u get on the standard v12 stuff? im going to overclock to a 3200 and that would be useful to know

My XP3200+ Barton has temperatures of around 38C idle and 45C under load, I did not use Arctic Silver because I don't overclock.

My HSF came with a Thermal Paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom