vmods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
I've had my current build running nice and stable at these speeds for about a year now, but I'm wanting to take it a little further. I have all the equipment to do a hard volt mod (multi meter, soldering iron, etc), but I'm not sure if that's what I need to do.
My goal is to get my FSB to 400 mhz, my e6600 to 3600 mhz, and then my RAM will be a nice and even 800 mhz. My current settings are in my signature. I can get all my stuff at 3600/400, but it's not completely stable. Like after about 10 minutes of gaming I get lock ups or bsods. I've tested to see if more vcore helps by raising it in like .01v increments up to 1.7v, but that has no effect. It's currently running at 1.65v (and has been for 6-7 months, so I don't need the static :p :p). But one thing I did notice when I was first overclocking it a long time ago was that the nb voltage helped dramatically in overclocking. I forgot what the increments were on my p5n-e, but they were strange. it was like, 1.3 -> 1.575 or something. But anywho, I'm at the maximum nb voltage right now but I have a feeling that raising that one higher will get me better results, since putting the CPU at 400x8 = 3200mhz is also unstable just like 400x9.
So, I want to do a volt mod on my nb.

what are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom