Vista graphics card overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higach

In Runtime
Since ATItool doesn't appear to work with vista, whats the best program to use to overclock my video card?

Any help is appreciated :)

it does work with vista make sure you have the latest version, you can also however use riva tuner bit thats not as good

Ok I got it to work but now I am concerned because according to it, my video card (7950gt unoverclocked) is idleing at 55-58C, and just putting the 3d view up on my screen cranks it to like 76+, and when I did find max core it went to like 616 and my computer froze because the temp reached 82C

Any ideas what could cause this? I dont understand how its idleing at such a high temperature being unoverclocked.

idle not seeing anything it starts around 60 but slowly goes down to like 55ish.. but right when I turn on the fuzzy cube it goes almost to 80, and thats without overclock

hmm what is the airflow like in your case and is the heatsink on the fan dusty? if so get some canned air and blow it :D

ok I think I may have figured temperatures out but now I am actually messing around with ATItool and I have a few questions

First my defaults for 7950gt are 560/725.. now all I get to before I start getting beeps on the artifact test is 590/740.. is this normal? when I did max mem I got to 745 and the screen went black with white lines, and when I did max core it went to 616 and froze.

Also I saved my 590/740 as OC instead of default but when I restart my computer its back to default.. is this something you normally have to change every time you restart your computer or is there a way to make it so you dont.

Thanks, I havent OCed in forever and I have never OCed my video card just FSB

first find max core...when you see your computer crash, turn it down by 10-20 and that should be good...then do the same for mem.

I havent use ati tool in a while, but they have an option in the settings to run during startup, and then you can choose what profile to load when you start it up.

sweet thanks.. I have one more question though.

Would windows vista cause a large drop in 3dmark06?

Back a year ago when I first built my computer I am almost positive my score was around 5400, and now a year later the only thing that I have changed is I have gotten 1 more gig of ram (went 1 to 2) and went to vista.

I just tested now:
Before OC (560/725) 4831
After OC (590/740) 5037

this is from the 3dmark06 score list.
5,795 | Syphanx | E6400 @ 2133mhz | 7950GT 637/1606mhz | XP SP2 32bit |Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer
Same specs, he has XP I have vista and his is almost 800 points higher...

ugh this is frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom