VideoCard Artifacting confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willeh

In Runtime
Hey, I'm currently ocing my nvidia videocard with atitool .25, When I use the artifacting scanner it says that 'delta of 5643 [or whatever] is found in 12 pixels', and there are yellow dots on the rotating cubes, i think this is the artifacting but when I run aquamark 3, 3dmark03 05 and 06 there are no signs of artifacting.

Any help?
Thanks

That's artifacting. ATI tool seems to be the best at pushing cards to the absolute limit to see if it will artifact, try clocking it a bit lower and it should go away.

what exactly is it doing when it is testing? why does the cube stop moving? i would have thought that it would have been more demanding if the cube was moving?

maybe it just sorts of put the GPU in a loop or something?

No idea but I think every 30 secs it's a heat up phase to put loads on your video card

I don't know exactly what it does but my guess would be that it re renders that fuzzy cube as fast as possible and somehow compares it to what it should look like to see if there are artifacts.

ya it just renders that fuzzy cube as fast as your gpu will let it, like playing a high demanding game. Then if something goes wrong it gets an error, or artifacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom