Video card water cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack

In Runtime
My Nvidia 7900 GTX idles at around 44C, and when I play games after about 20 minutes it starts to get so high that my PC freezes forcing a reboot.

So I want my GPU to run full at around 50C, which would be very nice. I don't know much about water cooling, and was wondering if this was all I needed:
Newegg.com - Open Box: GIGABYTE GH-WPBV1 VGA liquid Cooling - OEM

Or if I don't need water cooling, the cheapest air-solution works also. For now I have a big fan blowing right into my case :(

Hehe I have the money, just tired of spending it on dang computers!

Anyhow, that was a open box, this has more information: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GH-WPBV1 VGA liquid Cooling - Retail

The one you listed looks good, however, do I need to purchase anything else with these items? I don't see an area for holding the liquid or anything of that sort. Also, does liquid cooling require anything special (ex: special hax0r water) or can it just take regular sink water (I assume it's special coolant).

I leave my PC on 24/7, would water cooling effect my ability to do so?

The one he linked is a watercooling block for a watercooling system.
I recommend you get a nice air cooling block, the watercooling heatsink thing you linked if awefully inexpensive.. I don't see how it can do it's job well either without any circulation of liquid. It has one small fan... I just don't see how that can be any good. I could be wrong however...
I would just go with a nice after market air cooler unless you wanted to actually get a real watercooling system.

Im thinking weve got an Id ten T error going on.

Just buying a block will do you no good at all, a water cooling loop requires a pump, radiator, fans, tubing, clamps, and coolant, as well as water blocks to cool whatever it is you want to cool.

please read up on water cooling before you even consider buying anything

remember cheaper is never better

Im thinking weve got an Id ten T error going on.

Just buying a block will do you no good at all, a water cooling loop requires a pump, radiator, fans, tubing, clamps, and coolant, as well as water blocks to cool whatever it is you want to cool.

please read up on water cooling before you even consider buying anything

remember cheaper is never better

Thanks guys. I figured there was more to that water cooling deal. I don't feel like going through all that crap.

I think I will go with that exhaust fan -- looks like a good deal. Maybe I'll get two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom