Video Card Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowpunk

In Runtime
I've been using Rivatuner to unlock all 8 pipelines and Coolbits to overclock my 6200. I can only get up to 348/598 before my 3DMark03 score starts to decrease.

There are two settings in BIOS that I think may help...

AGP voltage which is set to auto right now and I can increase it +0.1v, +0.2v, or +0.3v

and

AGP overclock which is right now set to 66Mhz.

Should I touch these settings or leave them alone?

leave the AGP overclock at 66mhz and lock it. the AGP voltage really wont help, but i set mines at like 1.65V cause i "think" it helps me lol.

DON'T touch the AGP bus speed (66MHz).

Your score is decreasing because the card is getting too hot. Its called thermal throttling, I think. If your card starts to get too hot, then the card will underclock itself so you will get a lower score in 3DMark.

your just pushing your video card too much. you just downclock a mhz or two or five, and run 3dmark again

PZEROFGH said:
leave the AGP overclock at 66mhz and lock it. the AGP voltage really wont help, but i set mines at like 1.65V cause i "think" it helps me lol.

All mine tells me is +0.1v etc, how do I know its exact value?

The frustration lies with this: I chose Coolbits to "Automatically detect the optimal settings" which turn out not to be that much higher than the stock settings (300/500), pushing it any higher decreases the 3DMark03 score.

Attachments

• misc 011.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 57
Aftermarket cooler on your videocard, and still overheating? Thats weird. Well, check the temps with Rivaturner while running 3DMark03/05 and see how high they go, that'll tell you for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom