video card bios flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tastegw

Inspired by Art
I was doing some reading, and came across this...
As to flashinf bios, force flashed Sapphire HD4770 to ASUS Top mod bios with atiflash this allows an ATIOverdrive clock increase up to a max of 1000/1200 instaed of the standard 830/850. Also allows use of smart doctor to mod voltage.

i am currently using riva tuner to achieve higher overclocks for my 4770, but its very unstable and i get alot of hangs when using riva.

is it safe to flash my video card to another bios?
would you recommend it?

and if there are any tips, toss em my way. im just tryin to get the most out of my $100 spent :D

thanks

If your video oc is unstable using Rivatuner then flashing it is unwise. That Asus bios maybe useful if your card has the exact same memory and configuration as the Asus. But it probably doesn't.

I'm usually the 1st to Void My Warranty, but I wouldn't flash it.

If your video oc is unstable using Rivatuner then flashing it is unwise. That Asus bios maybe useful if your card has the exact same memory and configuration as the Asus. But it probably doesn't.

I'm usually the 1st to Void My Warranty, but I wouldn't flash it.

not the overclock that was unstable, riva was unstable, just something as simple as clicking one of the options say fan speed, it would cause a freeze up.

Well try out gpu tool. Might be able to change voltages and stuff as well :D

i wouldnt need to change voltages if i cant oc past 830 with CCC. i think im done with riva for a while, i did manage to get 1 good bench run out of riva, and now that i know what the 4770 is capable of, i want more.

currently, CCC only allows 830 core and 850 memory clocks as maximums.
i hear asus top bios for the 4770 makes these maxiumums mugh higher (1000/1200). now i know i cant run at those maxiumums, but it would allow me to tune 2x 4770s over 850/950

and since CCC is so user friendly, i would like to keep that as my oc tool.

I did however read into the gpu tool, but i didnt like what i read.

guru, i must have read the wrong article, i read about something that was released pre nvidia 6000 series.

im will indeed try out this tool you suggested and report back.

I was going to flash my 8800gs to a asus TOP version but i couldn't since the xfx card i had would not flash to the asus since they were slightly different cards. Usually people don't have problems when doing things like . this but you always do it at your own risk, luckily you have got x58 so just grab sum really old pci-3 card if you have got one lying arounf and you can flash the bios back iif its fails, just make sure you make a backup which can be done with some bios software in windows.It seems on the asus TOP with asus smart doctor u can adjust the voltage with would be great for some hugh overclcoks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom