Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridlyn

Fully Optimized
I going to be upgrading my video card and i just want to know if the video card im buying is going to better then my old one.

Ok, the one i have right now is a 64mb nvidia geforce 4mx 440 with apg 8x.

The one i want to if its going to be better is a 128mb xfx geforce fx 5200 with agp 8x

is 5200 is better, but is still crap

i suggest you get a minimum of a 6600GT, and if you can't afford it, then save up for it

IMO the 5200 isn't much of an upgrade anyways

I did that exact upgrade once...from MX440 64MB to FX 5200...and it was a little better, but it wasn't worth the cost. I quickly returned the FX 5200 and just saved up and built a new system.

I agree also, i dont want to use the term crap. But for serious gamers it fits well. If your a demanding gamer, by this i mean you play games often, and the games you play need some type of advanced video card. I recommend a 6600 GT at least.

6600GT is a minumum for newer games

I have had both MX440's and FX-5200's and it isnt much of a benchmark (like said)

Don't listen to them... go with the 6800 ultra... haha. No, but seriously, you really should get at least a 6600 GT if you want to upgrade (like everyone else said).

haha... come on now, that isn't what I meant. I was trying to say that a 6600 GT is a good card, and if he is going to upgrade, at least get something good. A 6600 GT is by no means bad.

yea that upgrade won't help much a all but why upgrade now?? my friend can play hl2 on a mx4000 128mb amd 2500 256mb ddr333 and it runs fine

if ur gonna upgrade get the 6600GT but if u wait a bit the next gen might come out. lol but then again if u keep on waiting a bit for prices to drop or new stuff to come ut u never get anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom